Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saguakid

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2011
if you set up a screen saver and leave your screen on it seems to work ok. definitely not a great solution but can get you up and running for now.[/QUOTE]
I think you have the answer,what you mean by set up a screensaver,you mean leave my comp on all the time?

87racer

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2010
Oregon
if you set up a screen saver and leave your screen on it seems to work ok. definitely not a great solution but can get you up and running for now.
I think you have the answer,what you mean by set up a screensaver,you mean leave my comp on all the time?[/QUOTE]

Yea just set your screensaver to how long you want and then in energy saver just set display sleep to never.

i assume you already have computer sleep set to never but if you don't that would need to be set to never also.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-03-08 at 10.29.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-03-08 at 10.29.08 PM.png
    132 KB · Views: 88
  • Screen Shot 2011-03-08 at 10.29.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-03-08 at 10.29.34 PM.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 83

saguakid

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2011
I think you have the answer,what you mean by set up a screensaver,you mean leave my comp on all the time?

Yea just set your screensaver to how long you want and then in energy saver just set display sleep to never.

i assume you already have computer sleep set to never but if you don't that would need to be set to never also.[/QUOTE]

Yeahh,that works and is the only way that can work for now,that really sucks and might be the problem or bug with mac not waking up when u touch the mouse,hope the fix this bug soon cause I hate to leave my mac on screen save mode,Thanks

87racer

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2010
Oregon

i assume you already have computer sleep set to never but if you don't that would need to be set to never also.

Yeahh,that works and is the only way that can work for now,that really sucks and might be the problem or bug with mac not waking up when u touch the mouse,hope the fix this bug soon cause I hate to leave my mac on screen save mode,Thanks[/QUOTE]

yep glad to help!

87racer
http://bs87.com

UCG

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2011
Fruit Menu

Please, has someone tested this?

Fruit Menu

http://www.unsanity.com/haxies/fruitmenu

Fruit Menu is a haxie that gives you the ability to customize the Apple Menu and contextual menus. Using a visual editor you can edit the contents of the menus to suit your needs and taste. FruitMenu will also display the contents of the FruitMenu Items folder inside of your Library folder, launch applications and shell scripts from the Apple Menu and contextual menus, to allow easy file navigation and launching. To make the haxie completely flexible and customizable, you can assign hotkeys to particular menu items.

saschke

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2008
San Francisco, CA
One more thing: for anyone having problems with the save file dialogue (crashed every time for me) in Adobe CS5 applications: deleting the setting files in User/Library/Adobe helped in my case.

hxxrmonkey

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2011
Anyone able to get Apple Remote Desktop working?
I can't get past this error:

I got mine to work by copying over the old ARDClient.app v3.4 file from my backup while booted in target disc mode. It breaks the client app, but then I installed the 3.4 update and now ARD is working! woot!

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Little Snitch worked somewhat. I had it installed on Snow Leopard, upgrading to Lion kept it "live" but wouldn't allow for configuring.

Toast Titanium 11 works aside from Disc Cover 3.

Otherwise I've had no issues with any applications so far.

sheeracali

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2011
I recently installed Lion, but Apps don't auto resume after I quit them or restart the computer. When I restart it only opens the app back up in dosnt save where I last was.

EDIT: other Apps like text edit work, but not Safari. is this normal?

EDIT 2: It seems like it only works in safari and preview and others when I quit by right clicking on the dock and selecting quit ( it dosnt work from the menu bar or cmd q)

Last edited:

macmikey2

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2008
West Chester, PA
smcFanControl does not work. Cyberduck does work.

SMC FanControl works just fine on my 2010 MBP i7. Have no issues with it.

Things works
Elgato video capture software/hardware works

iPhoto buggy and crashes occasionally
Aperture even more buggy

Mail crashes rarely but still does
iCal will not quit and stay that way. Filling logs with re-spawn messages

All Angry Birds games (including Rio) seem OK

GFXcardStatus works on mine

Had to remove Little Snitch AND Intego Virus due to errors in logs

I'll update if I come across anymore ups/downs

Last edited:

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Cubase LE4 -- works, but I haven't tested it extensively.

USB Overdrive -- works in demo mode (unregistered). The program launches and custom [mouse] settings can be created. HOWEVER, upon a reboot of the system, USB Overdrive does not launch automatically. It has to be "manually restarted" by clicking on its icon in System Preferences, after which it seems fully functional again.

rcwallis

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2005
Got ARD Working in Lion

Anyone able to get Apple Remote Desktop working?
I can't get past this error:

I was able to get it working by going to my previous Time Machine Backup of Snow Leopard and restore the /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement Folder then reboot....

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
I recently installed Lion, but Apps don't auto resume after I quit them or restart the computer. When I restart it only opens the app back up in dosnt save where I last was.

EDIT: other Apps like text edit work, but not Safari. is this normal?

EDIT 2: It seems like it only works in safari and preview and others when I quit by right clicking on the dock and selecting quit ( it dosnt work from the menu bar or cmd q)

Features like the Resume, Autosave, and Versions have support from the Lion OS but must still be implemented in the applications. So all applications will need upgrades to use this feature. This is why I expect a new iWork released coincident with Lion.

ericediger

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2009
Ard

Good news: I was able to successfully remove all of the ARD 3.5 files (plist, bom, etc.) and re-install 3.4.

Bad news: Although it remembers preferences (lists, searches) it doesn't remember the serial number/registration...

Basic permissions repairing failed to correct that (I haven't dug too far down to suss the particular files(s) related) but it does work great, once open.

I realize this removes the 3.5 advance features, but being able to do regular work while testing the 10.7 environment has proven useful...

kobyh15

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2011
In reference to Parallels 6, will they release a Parallels 7 after Lion drops this summer or will they just make 6 work?

kobyh15

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2011
In the past they have released a new version so you have to pay up again. :(

Well I read something somewhere that said they were eyeing an early 2012 release date for Parallels 7. Who knows though. I hope they make 6 work because I'm going to need it for the fall!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.