Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crb824

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
What do you think my g4 tower is worth with and without the display? Thanks!

Performance: Excellent performance, never had any issues.
processor: Dual 1.25 ghz g4
memory: 1 gb
Hard Drive 1: Original 80 gb
Hard Drive 2: Maxtor 200 gb (Not the 250 I had in my original post)
CD/DVD: Combo Drive
Airport: Airport Card installed
Ethernet: Original Ethernet (on motherboard) broken; Sonnet Ethernet Card installed in PCI slot #1
Original Disks: Original OS X install disks
Cosmetically: Fair Condition, Some white paint streaks on the sides of the computer
Display: 17inch Apple Studio Display (The plastic on the end of the cord which hooks into the computer is busted and held together with tape.)

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Follow this link to ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-MAC-Power...1QQihZ009QQcategoryZ51035QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's a pretty good guess that you could get 600-700 for it. If at all possible you should try and get rid of the white paint as that would take down the price. The display sadly sells for around 150, so I guess you have to choose to keep or part with that.....

also check out craigslist.com to see what people in your area are selling things for....

crb824

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
Follow this link to ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-MAC-Power...1QQihZ009QQcategoryZ51035QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's a pretty good guess that you could get 600-700 for it. If at all possible you should try and get rid of the white paint as that would take down the price. The display sadly sells for around 150, so I guess you have to choose to keep or part with that.....

also check out craigslist.com to see what people in your area are selling things for....

Hey if I can get 700 for it and 150 for the monitor, I'm looking at a refurbished Core Duo iMac to replace what I have now... hmm.

product26

Cancelled
May 30, 2005
broken ethernet means the motherboard is bad. your price probably dropped $100 or more.

is it just me or did you not mention what model it is?

is it upgraded or is it a MDD model?

crb824

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
broken ethernet means the motherboard is bad. your price probably dropped $100 or more.

is it just me or did you not mention what model it is?

is it upgraded or is it a MDD model?

The Ethernet is the only thing on the board that doesnt work. This is because I had a cable hooked into the ethernet "hole" and one of my friends yanked my computer forward about 2 feet. It ripped the ethernet "hole" thing right off...

I dont know what you mean by MDD honestly. I went into the Apple store to get it when they first put the g5's on sale. The one I have now was the display model so it was "used" so I got it for cheap. Apple also pumped up the RAM in it to give the display computer a smoother feel to people who came in.

FadeToBlack

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
Accoville, WV
I sold a Dual 867MHz G4 MDD on eBay back in like March of last year for $705, I believe it was. Just the computer itself. 2GB of RAM, 60GB HD, upgraded 16X DL SuperDrive, GeForce 4MX, I believe.

FYI, "MDD" means "Mirrored Drive Doors."

crb824

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
I sold a Dual 867MHz G4 MDD on eBay back in like March of last year for $705, I believe it was. Just the computer itself. 2GB of RAM, 60GB HD, upgraded 16X DL SuperDrive, GeForce 4MX, I believe.

FYI, "MDD" means "Mirrored Drive Doors."

well mine looks like this: (stock pic)
bild.jpg

so I guess its a MDD

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Hey if I can get 700 for it and 150 for the monitor, I'm looking at a refurbished Core Duo iMac to replace what I have now... hmm.

700 w/ monitor, and I say maybe...Looking at ebay prices (which are not at all the going rates) it looks like a nice DP 1.25Ghz MDD with the whole set up will be roughly 600-700.

In September I traded my 1.8Ghz (Upgraded) Quicksilver with 1.5G RAM and 2 200GB HDs for a 15" 1.33Ghz powerbook. I felt as I was ripping him off and gave him one of my 17" displays...Therefor, some people might want more then 700 for there MDD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.