Appreciate your Mac

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by sparkleytone, Jul 2, 2002.

1. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

What's up people?

I just wanted to write out a thread in appreciation of Apple, OS X, and my iBook 600.

I started working on my old PC again last night, installing Slackware Linux, setting up a DHCP, installing the network card, blahblahblah. It just makes me appreciate OS X all that much more. All that work done behind the scenes. Seamless.

Heres to Apple.

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Indeed, heres to Apple!
    Since I bought OSX.1 around 5 months ago, then decided I loved it and bought my QuickSilver I havn't looked back and now only use my Wintel box when I have to.
    I love this QuickSilver and I love the OS, looking forward to Jaguar and a TiBook1Ghz.

3. job macrumors 68040

job

Yep! I will be buying my first new Mac in 6 years this fall/winter (or whenever I have enough money :rolleyes: ) and I am really going to appreciate it. I'm hoping for a baseline G4 tower, 1 Ghz, DDR-RAM, a L3 cache, and a price of about 1,500 dollars. If not, I could always buy a dual 1Ghz or 933 tower for an extreamly reduced price :D

4. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

As I have said more then once... Once you go Mac, you don't go back... :D At least, those with brains don't go back. Having both platforms is not as bad as tossing the Mac system, depending on how you set the use up.

I power up my TiBook every night when I get home, and power it down just before getting to bed... The game pc, sits powered off until I feel like playing some games (all it does). Where on the Mac, I do much more... :D

5. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

I appreciate the MAC..

I just booted my PCheese to copy some art to transfer to my Ti.

And wouldnt you know it, it froze up twice..
    Once when I was trying to copy onto a CDRW and the other during Cd creator.

I just smiled knowing that soon , I would be back on my Ti!
    In the past this would have really made me angry.

Another thing I took note of was that scrolling was sometimes really slow.
    Reminded me that OSX isnt all that bad. This Pcheese had a 2.2 P4 in it.

The total look of windows after being away from it for a while took on a rather surreal visage. I was happy to turn it off!

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

All I can say is that I cannot wait for the day when I can move to X on my work system...

I've had about enough of this crap... ;)

on the other hand...I love my TiBook & OS X on it!! :D

7. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i couldn't beleive how good OS X was (after i got used to it), compared to XP. although i didn't mind XP, OS X is so much simpler and more logical to use.
    now i stress less!!:D

8. sparkleytone thread starter macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

i think my favorite thing about this whole thing is the fact that i can lay in bed and control the linux box from my terminal on the iBook. wireless LAN=from the gods.

9. King Cobra macrumors 603

I could hardly bear the errors from OS 9 on my iMac, even after a year's use. My Cube in OS X has gone just shy of a year and the machine works extremely well, with much less errors than OS 9.

I have diverged so much from using windoze that I plan to do as much work I can in class by bringing my iBook to class and type up my work there, as PHHS uses only peecees and NT4ork. :cool: