Appreciation Thread: G4 Powerbook!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jaeshellz, Oct 12, 2004.

1. jaeshellz macrumors member

Hey guys, I'm a switcher who bought his very first mac, a g4 powerbook, in June. I just want to say how much i love not only mac, but this beautiful piece of computerized genius known as the powerbook.

I had a compaq for a couple of years and thought for a long time that PC (which now means "Purely Crap), was the way better than Mac. After I got into music and realized that every studio I was going to had a mac, this kinda opened me up to new questions. Why aren't they using PC? Whats so good about mac anyway? After dabbing wit macs at my school (SJU) and my friends house, I didn't think so bad about macs. Then when my compaq crashed and the only way to fix it was getting a brand new hard drive, I made up my decision. IF I WAS GOING TO GET ANYTHING NEW, IT WOULD BE A MAC!

So the search began, I came to this very forum lookin for peoples opinions, how they liked their macs so much and etc. Everything I read about macs were very positive. I mean it almost seemed that if u didn't have mac, then something was wrong wit you! lol So now it came time to decide on what kind of mac i wantd. I don't have alot of money andI was saving up for a car cause I was going back to school after taking time off and it sucks takin the train from the Bronx to Queens. Seein' that i didn't really need some large desktop cuz all i really did with it wuz go online, make beats with Reason and dl music, I figured I'd go with a laptop. I went to the apple store here in SoHo and they answered all my questions perfectly. After a few minutes wit my gf and mom at the store with me, askin me if I really really needed to get this expensive computer, I said YES! and as much money as i'm paying for it (and yes i used my student discount) there was an incredible upside to purchasing this not only mac, but powerbook. And so i DID!

All in all, I am in love with my mac and ipod. And though i'm fairly new to the mac world, i'm learning new things about my pb and mac everyday. So I just want to salute mac and saulte my G4 POWERBOOK! I get my work done so easier now and my beats never sounded so beautiful.

THANK YOU APPLE!
    ps sorry if I wasted nebodys time wit this. peace fam (Lets go Yanks!)

2. whiteangel macrumors regular

Congratulations!

I switched in september 2004, and i got a powerbook as well! :D well at first i opted for the ibook as it was cheaper but the keyboard was faulty and they didn't have any in stock to replace it with so I paid more and got a 15" powerbook that I really wanted.

I love my mac to bits now. I'd fight anyone that wants to harm my PB. Oh and I found quite a few things that made using a mac so much better! For example Adium (a multi-protocol chat client. I'm using 0.7 release candidate 4 ), synergy, quicksilver, ikeys, growl (check this out man! I love it! http://growl.info/ ), acquisition (for p2p).

Do share if you found any nice apps that you enjoy :D

(don't worry i know there are lots of mac apps threads and i found most of the apps i use through those threads. ;) )

3. jaeshellz thread starter macrumors member

hey white angel, thanx for the response! Congrats on ur pb! As far as apps go, I have Acquisition as my p2p but anything else, such as the other ones u mentioned, i don't have and don't even know what their for! lol Even tho i had my powerbook for months now, I'm still very much a mac newbie. I'll try to check out the ones u mentioned though! thanx again!

4. the future macrumors 6502a

For p2p, you might also wanna check out Poisoned. Enjoy your PowerBook!

5. jcru macrumors newbie

Everyone should have QUICKSILVER. Little app that puts anything on your machine (apps, files, contacts, etc) within a few keystrokes. It's like a search tool...but goes much farther and allows you to launch/open whatever you find.

Link - http://quicksilver.blacktree.com/

6. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Apart from the apps already mentioned, check out VLC as well for all your media that quicktime can't handle.

7. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

I switched May 2004 and also got a powerbook. As I'm sitting here in college I know that I am always amazed when I see my computer, it makes me happy to open it up. People always come in and use Garageband or other things and are jealous and start to whine about wanting a mac. Good for you. I know I couldn't be happier!