Approximate value of last 12" 'Books?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mammoth, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

As the title suggests, I'm curious about how much the last rev. 12" Powerbooks and 12" iBooks are worth these days. :confused: ...Any chances of seeing a 12" Macbook Pro?

2. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Last revision Powerbooks, maybe $700-$1000, depending on condition. I paid $1100 for mine because I bought it through Apple's refurb store, but ideally you'd be looking at around $800 on Craigslist or something.

3. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

I love my 12in PB and I love the 12in. ibooks as well. I think people may desire them because you can't get anything smaller than a 13in for portability. On the otherhand, if they came out with a 12in MBP..the value would decrease significantly. But as for now I know I wouldn't trade my 12in. PB for anything less than a grand...thats just my opinion.

4. mopppish macrumors 6502

I'm selling my 12" ibook G4 1.33 ghz to someone this week for $700. It's in great shape (no significant physical damage, no dead pixels), has the RAM maxed to 1.5GB, has 2 years left on Applecare, and comes with an Incase sleeve, Radtech Screensaver, and all of the original packaging. I think that both myself and the buyer are getting a good deal.

5. cschreppel macrumors regular

For what it's worth, I almost bought the last model of a 12" Powerbook on Craiglist for $900. So $700 is probably a nice, round number you can rely on.

Glad I didn't go for that, my MacBook is so sweet.