Approximately how far is your monitor from your keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by billyergs, Jul 12, 2005.

1. billyergs macrumors member

I had recently purchased the Dell 2405 and it seems to make my eyes strain.
    My previous monitor was a 22 inch CRT which because of space on my desk, was inches away from my keyboard. I also had used a laptop, so once again the monitor is right there in front of my face.

Because of the size and depth of the dell monitor, I have it placed way towards the back of my desk but this seems to strain my eyes. Any suggestions?

2. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I have my flat panel monitors at the back edge of my desk currently, as I like the additional desktop space and it doesn't bother my eyes at all. You could try moving the monitor forwards, closer to you. I know what you're saying about the size though, looking from one edge to the other takes some neck movement! You could also lower the resolution, but that would likely make the display fuzzy. Perhaps try adjusting the brightness using F14 and F15.

One other very important thing to consider is the amount of light in the room. Often times, it's the lighting in the room that most plays with your eyes and causes strain.

3. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Approximately how far is your monitor from your keyboard?

Well the back of they keyboard is resting on the foot of my Apple Cinema Display so it slightly raises the back of they keyboard for easier typing for me.

4. pubwvj macrumors 68000

pubwvj