Apps and Tiger

Discussion in 'macOS' started by gangst, Apr 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gangst macrumors 6502a

Hi,

Congrats to anyone that got Tiger early.
    But I was wondering, is anyone having problem with any applications?Or do they work just as fine as they did on 10.3.9?
    I'm especially interested to see if the Apple Pro apps, Photoshop, Microsoft Office and Adium work okay. Anyone?

Thanks alot

2. greenguy4 macrumors 6502

I havnt heard any complaints so far about these major applications however I have heard about some smaller bugs in the system

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I've had some problems with VLC unexpectedly quitting (which usually happens when I'm trying to quit anyway!)

Also, Virtual PC's Virtual Switch doesn't work anymore, and Official BT's interface crashes (but it still works in the background).

Those are the only incompatibilities I've come across so far.

4. bpd115 macrumors 6502a

bpd115

Popcorn

Windows Media Player when clicking on a link from a site (I did get it to work by opening media player and putting in a URL)

I believe the new iChat AV needs a G5 now for 30 FPS (I'm only getting 15 when conf with G4s)...I don't know if this is by design or what....also getting a not enough bandwidth error when I'm not DMZ that I never had before.

Automator needs work (if you do an iPhoto action and you have a lot of albums it takes forever to read the albums).

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.