Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 25, 2009
Just got an iPad today. Gotta say I love it!! I am really surprised about how well i can type in landscape mode, it's like using a real keyboard. I just wanted to post about something funny that happened to see if anyone else experienced it as well..

I downloaded a lot of apps straight onto the iPad from the app store, like pages, im+, good reader, etc. When I finally synced again to iTunes, the programs got copied over into my itunes app directory, but then when i got back on the iPad most of them were gone! One was even deleted straight off of my dock. I noticed that "sync apps" was not selected when i plugged into iTunes, so i checked that and selected the apps i wanted, and everything reinstalled fine (but all settings were lost).

Has this happened to anyone else? Do you all typically select to "sync apps" so you can do a full restore if necessary? This kind of worried me because pages was one of the apps deleted and so i lost some documents i had created. Any info would be great, thanks!

kirchnrd

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2009
I have heard others say this. I guess I never noticed it as I always sync my apps on iPhone and iPad.

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 25, 2009
I have heard others say this. I guess I never noticed it as I always sync my apps on iPhone and iPad.

And stupid me didn't bother searching the forums. Sorry guys! Yeah, I found other threads where people had their apps deleted and the solution was to just select sync apps. New ipad owners beware!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.