Apps for copying between iPods?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by April Dancer, Sep 14, 2006.

1. April Dancer macrumors regular

April Dancer

Hi all

I'm about to buy the 80GB to replace my 60GB video (sold it to brother who was desperate for it!). My 60 is full so I don't have room on my hard drive to copy straight from iPod to MacBook to new iPod. So, does anyone know of an app that will let me copy straight between iPods? I know there was nothing a couple of years back but wondered if it anything had emerged? I'm guessing not as I can't find anything.

And yes, I know I'm crazy not keeping it backed up but it sort of is in different places. There is method to my madness! :rolleyes:

Cheers :)

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I don't know of any program that will let you do this, but you might consider doing a search on versiontracker, if you've not already done so.

3. barnacle macrumors regular

barnacle

i bought some software called 'tune tools' and used it to do the same thing. it has a feature called 'clone'. plug in both ipods, designate between source ipod and destination ipod and hit the button. 10 gb took about an hour.{edit; my machine is slow}
    i would assume there are better ways , but i am new at this.

4. April Dancer thread starter macrumors regular

April Dancer

Thanks you two. I had a look at Versiontracker but there didn't seem to be anything.

I'll look at Tune Tools but if not, it looks like the sloooooow option!

Ne'er mind. It'll be worth it and is an excuse for a clear out, I guess! :)