Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sossity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 12, 2010
I often make greeting cards for family overseas, birthday, Christmas mostly, but others as well. They like my photos I take.

so far I have used photoshop elements, are there any other mac apps that can create greeting cards that look like they came from the store with my own photos on them, I like making nice lettering on them as well, that I can customize.

rick d

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2009
Hallmark for Mac is the best that I've found. Easy to use with your own design from the included images or from their designs where you can edit most of the type.

Sossity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 12, 2010
Hallmark for Mac is the best that I've found. Easy to use with your own design from the included images or from their designs where you can edit most of the type.

thanks for the suggestion, can I use my own photographs in the card designs?

rick d

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2009
Yes, in either pre designed or design from scratch you can access iPhoto or anything on your hard drive.

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
Pages, part of the iWork package has a number of templates. I took one and modified it for my own photographs, and my name on the back. Then saved that as a template. Now I just drag and drop my own photos into my own template and print away. You can print onto a full size piece of paper ( 8 1/2 by 11 inches in North America) and then score and fold for big sized card, or you can buy pre-scored card paper in various sizes. I have templates for, iiirc, 3 card sizes now. Save time and put the card size as part of the template name. :)

NXTMIKE

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2008
Canada
you could design some from scratch, and then Moo.com offers some great greeting card packages that you could upload your designs to online.

julie.hao

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2011
I often make greeting cards for family overseas, birthday, Christmas mostly, but others as well. They like my photos I take.

so far I have used photoshop elements, are there any other mac apps that can create greeting cards that look like they came from the store with my own photos on them, I like making nice lettering on them as well, that I can customize.
Might be this app would be interesting for you: FaceUp! Greetings – this app creates animated greetings. You can crop the face of your friend and paste it into any of background provided (28). Also animate face mouth and add verbal and text greeting. So you can greet with any holiday, occasion like birthday, etc. And it is free.

jroller

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2008
Charleston, SC
Another program I'll throw into the mix is The Print Shop, which I use for a number of purposes. I haven't used the greeting card feature, but it is a great little program for a lot of those specialized uses: business cards, flyers, etc.

Jane Day

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2012
Why do you send e-cards?

Hi, I'm a student doing some market research on greetings card. My research is independent of any of the card companies. I'm interested to know what you think - tell me:

*Why do you like to send greetings cards? What occasions do you send them for?
*What do you like best about the cards you can buy?
*What do you dislike the most?
*Do you ever make your own cards? How do you make them?

Many thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.