Apps Keep resetting. someone help please!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Rickay726, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Rickay726 macrumors 6502

Rickay726

i have no clue why this is happening. it has happened 2 times. I go to my mac icon and i click on users and i notice another folder is being created with my username and this keeps causing all my apps to resett
    last time i almost lost all of my songs on itunes if it wasnt for iLink to get them back. anyway, i really need help on how to fix this. its juist as if my apps are being completly erased of its memory and then made new. i lost all of my photobooth picutres all of my brushes ins photoshop my songs in itunes. i prefs in safari/firefox and also in iChat.

2. drumpat01 macrumors 6502

drumpat01

Ummm....reinstall OSX? I've never heard of your problem before so I would do an archive install. That will save all your apps and documents (including songs and photos) but reinstall all your system folders. I've done it before and it works great. I didn't lose anything. Just pop in your OSX CD/dvd and when you reset your computer hold down the C key. Make sure you choose the "Archive and Install" option or else it will erase everything! :eek:

Good luck friend.