Apps keep unexpectently quitting? PLZ HELP

Discussion in 'macOS' started by philthims, Mar 28, 2006.

1. philthims macrumors newbie

Mar 28, 2006

I am running 10.3.9 on an ibook PowerPC G3 ! I have not had any major problems with my mac EVER !

UNTIL that is when my itunes wouldn't start up then my quicktime then my photoshop . . . . I guess you get the picture !

The apps bounce in the dock then the mouse pointer turns to that bloody spinning discs comes on and a minute later the dialog box comes up
    "The Application XXXXXX has unexpectently quit"

I have tried verifying & Repairing permissions using Disk Utility but with NO EFFECT.

PLEASE could someone help me ?? i'm climbing the walls ! I can't listen to music/watch movies etc etc

Thank you for at least reading this far!

2. KCMATT macrumors newbie

Mar 28, 2006
    This happened to me... too!

I have a TiPowerbook 1.67GHZ running OSX Tiger. This last weekend after having NO problems, the same thing happened to me. Everytime I started an app, that little beach ball popped up and spinned for ever. Sometimes I couldn't even call up a file window or a HD window before it started to spin.

After freaking out, running disk utility and then freaking out again. I took my PB into the local Apple Store here in KC and met with the tech heads. She deleted all my OSX user prefs and restarted my computer. She only deleted most OSX pref not my non-apple prefs; photoshop, dreamweaver, etc. She did not delete the entire folder, just the ones that made my system run slow.

Once she did this it worked like a charm... she said it was a software issue, NOT a hardware one. Good luck and if you have an Apple store, make a tri it will save your life!