Apps Launch BEHIND Active Window

Discussion in 'macOS' started by n0d3, Feb 28, 2007.

1. n0d3 macrumors regular

Lets say I have Firefox as an active window, launching iCal or any other program will launch BEHIND Firefox, e.g. not in main view.

Anyone had similar problems? It only started recently and I don't recall installing any new apps.

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Funny, I remember that happening to me at one point, but a restart fixed it. Never did figure out what caused it, but if you haven't restarted since it started happening, might be worth a shot.

3. VortexOfPain macrumors member

This only happens for me when I tend to operate faster than my computer. :D For instance, launching firefox then clicking on a window and keep working... firefox will load in the background. But that's just because I clicked to bring a window to the foreground - so I expect it to happen this way.

Any chance you're doing the same click to another window before the app launches?

4. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

woah.

in trying to find maybe a keyboard shortcut that would open a window int eh background, i found an even cooler one.

Click on a dock icon while holding option-command, and every open window willl close while the app you clicked opens. awesome!

5. Cult Follower macrumors 6502a

Cult Follower

That would be nice as an option. So you can be working on something and let something else load without being interrupted.

6. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

sweet. very helpful!