apps not responding on startup

Discussion in 'macOS' started by continuum, Dec 8, 2006.

1. continuum macrumors 6502

continuum

Hi,

Recently I've been having a problem with my apps not responding after the initial startup of my computer. I've repaired permissions, reset the PRAM, repaired prebindings... no luck. I have iChat set to load with startup. It never fully loads. Then Safari won't load or iMail either. I have a few other startup apps that do load like Synergy, WeatherPop and Ymail...

any thoughts?

Thanks!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If you deselect them to start up on login (or boot up), but open them manually as soon as the computer has booted/logged you in, do they fully open? Do you have plenty of free space on your boot drive (8GB)? What apps are you getting to automatically open? :)

3. continuum thread starter macrumors 6502

continuum

I can startup another program (iCal for example) at which point it does something that then allows me to open the other programs I am having the problem with. I have not tried to disable the auto startup during the boot process. I have plenty of space on my drive.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, well unselect them as startup options to see if it's a problem with the startup process. :)

5. continuum thread starter macrumors 6502

continuum

ok, will try...and what if it is a problem with the startup process? what's the fix?

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well, not sure of a fix yet but a fresh user account with default user library settings might help. I'd give that a try next. :)

7. continuum thread starter macrumors 6502

continuum

Still having problems. I've disabled all startup items and still having the problem...