Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac15

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 29, 2001
after having jaguar for 2days, I have realised some of my apps don't work anymore

here is a small list:

Roxio Toast Titanium 5.1.4
Roxio Jam 5
Carracho (quits at startup)
Norton Antivirus 8
Dantz Retrospect 5

thats it so far, I'm gonna test all my apps tonight so it could be more

this was expected but we need updates urgently

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
toast is the biggest one on your list for me.... hmm.

hopefully everyone gets onthe ball quickly.. just like they did with os x itself.... oh wait..

hippy

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2002
retrospect

I think there is a patch for retrospect ! try their site.

Let me know if it fixes it because I'll be upgrading next week !

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
any one else have the same problems?

I'm scared to install 10.2 if toast and Carracho dont work anymore. I'm sure the well put out a patch soon but... how soon? I use Toast almost daily

any one else have the same problem?

Choppaface

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
SFBA
anybody know if photoshop and the rest of the adobe crew works?

my friend says that there are sone probs in PS....

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
Originally posted by Choppaface
anybody know if photoshop and the rest of the adobe crew works?

my friend says that there are sone probs in PS....

there is a PS 7.0.1 update released today. maybe it's the fix for some Jag issues.

jrbohorquezg

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2002
Chicago
Toast 5.1.1 seems to work fine in my machine (at least it loads, haven't tried to burn anything yet). Real One Player doesn't load, though. It's a shame, since they just released it. But then again, real networs is a piece of crap.

MacUser1

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2001
New York, NY
toast and others

My Toast 5.1.4 works fine. My only problems are with MS IntelliPoint (i know...) and Palm related programs (HotSync Manager, DocumentsToGo 5.0). I may just have to reinstall them, I'll have to find out. Otherwise, Jaguar is running great! :)

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Originally posted by Backtothemac
I have not had any problems with Jaguar at all. Everything runs, and runs well, especially VPC. Man, it is much faster.

That's good news. Any increase would be a big increase, especially in Mac OS X! :)

IndyGopher

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
Intellipoint works fine for me, but I did reinstall it. Toast 5.1.4 also works fine for me, as well as Carracho, although I had to get the new version, as the last one did crash as soon as it finished getting all the servers tracked down. I haven't run into anything that doesn't work.. I'm sure they are out there, though.

iFresh

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2002
Logitech Control Center Doesn't Work

Dreamweaver and Photoshop seem to work fine.

I lost 90% of my address book which is kinda annoying.

And the Logitech Control Center which Logitech took forever to release doesn't work at all. Does anyone know when they're gonna fix it? Logitech doesn't say anything about 10.2 on their website.

FattyMembrane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2002
bat country
i dont have jag yet, but i am almost certain that the latest update to carracho was released specifically to make it run under 10.2. check vt and make sure that you have the most recent version

Sauron1440

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2002
Apps & Jaqwire

USB Overdrive makes a nice LCC alternative... I've been using that instead of LCC for a couple weeks now - works fine with my USB Optical Wheel Mouse doohickey.

clubmedia

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2002
delaware
what about running nortons disk doctor?

i would like to run nortons but i would like to know if it is ok? does anyone know?

Lz0

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2002
Melbourne
After my 10.2 update I tried to create a temp partition in Toast 5.1.2 but that failed the error was "-50". I updated to 5.1.4 and all is fixed.

All my other apps are running fine with the exception of the Logitech mouse/drivers which is now tracking slower than I would like.

Finally why would you want to use Nortons or any other disk/file utility. In all my experience the only time any of them were any use was back in the days of system 8, since then they have been more trouble than they are worth.

Sepulchre

macrumors member
May 27, 2002
UK
I'm running 10.2 installed as an upgrade and downloaded from ADC - here's what I’ve found so far -

Toast 5.1.4 works fine
Carracho has been updated to 1.0beta 7 and no longer crashes after loading trackers - if your into that kind of thing.
Photoshop has been updated to 7.01 (i think) and seems OK
Norton Personal Firewall has problems 10.2 shows a warning about lowering security of the OS - deleted the npf.kext (the firewall extension) and use the built in firewall for the time being
Norton Privacy Control - same thing as NPF, not much use any way so deleted it :)
MS Office - seems fine
Printing on network printers seems a bit buggy, I get a long pause when the print dialogue pops up, the printer name then appears and its ok again, seems to scan for printers each time which is a bit annoying.

Good update on the whole though entire system seems more responsive :)

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
Aplications that don't run in OSX:
-Protools + plugins
-Digital Performer + plugins
-Reason
-Recicle
-Artmatic Pro
-Motion Dive 3
-TRacks
-OMS and FreeMidi
-Rithmyc Circle Fuse
-Videodelic
-Bunch of After Effects plug ins.

awrc

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2002
Milwaukee, WI
I believe Roxio's support page promises an update for Toast with full Jaguar compatibility soon.

Other than that, I've not noticed anything major (yet) but then again, I've spent most of my time since receiving it yesterday reinstalling applications.

One strange one I did note was that Vue D'Esprit 4 behaves a bit oddly - the installer screen is larger than the physical screen, and in the application itself the menu bar has a habit of turning blue.

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Originally posted by Backtothemac
I have not had any problems with Jaguar at all. Everything runs, and runs well, especially VPC. Man, it is much faster.

Is VPC as fast in the "window" mode as the full screen mode? Is 1024x768 useable? Heres a way to check your VPC emulated speed...

You can in windows go control panel > system
The emulated speed is in the lower right

or if that doesn't work,
1. Click 'Start Menu' then choose 'run'
2. Then type 'dxdiag' and press enter.

I'm starting a thread in the mac help/question discussion for all you VPC users...who will have that best emulated speed?:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.