Apps to transfer files btwn iPad and iPhone via bluetooth?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by coelacanth, Apr 15, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

Still trying to decide between Wifi and 3G models. (Got 16 GB Wifi on day one)

I don't see much of 3G use on iPad, but I'm thinking "just in case" as probably many of us are. For example, I might need to download a file and edit, then upload/email when I'm on the road.

Now, are there apps that I can install on both iPhone and iPad, transfer files via bluetooth (not Wifi)? I think that will cover most of my potencial 3G needs on iPad.

2. thread starter macrumors 6502

Looks like Bluetooth Photo Share can share photos via bluetooth, but I couldn't get it to work between my iPhone 3GS and iPad.

MobileStudio let you transfer files, but it's strictly viewer and can't open files in native apps like Pages.

I hope GoodReader gains bluetooth sharing at some point...

3. macrumors 6502

Have there been any apps released since April that can no do this?

Can Air Sharing? I can't seem to find a straight answer for this question anywhere.

4. macrumors 6502a

arctic

I don't have an answer but perhaps it'll easier for others to help if you can specify which type of files you have in mind.

5. macrumors 68000

Outrigger

it works find on my ip4 and my ipad. what sucks is that its only one at a time and its slow, but bluetooth has very limited bandwidth. I bought photo transfer and you can transfer to and from any idevice as well as computers up to 50 pics at a time, but you have to be on the same network as its wifi only.