apps won't launch

Discussion in 'macOS' started by stoneage, Aug 2, 2006.

1. stoneage macrumors regular

stoneage

I don't know what is wrong. I can't get Excel, Ultimate Pen, Serial Keeper, Pastor to start from the Dock. Also Tiny Alarm doesn't appear in the MenuBar. Graphic Converter and Google earth both start from the Dock. Any help would be welcome. I have an Intel iMac (10.4.7) with the latest security update. I ran fsck and logged back in. Here is the last log I saw:
    2006-08-02 16:14:49.257 Console[1117] *** -[NSBundle load]: Error loading code /Users/williamoreilly/Library/InputManagers/Smart Crash Reports/Smart Crash Reports.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Smart Crash Reports for bundle /Users/williamoreilly/Library/InputManagers/Smart Crash Reports/Smart Crash Reports.bundle, error code 2 (link edit error code 0, error number 0 ())
    2006-08-02 16:14:49.261 Console[1117] *** -[NSBundle load]: Error loading code /Library/InputManagers/MagicMenuEnabler/MagicMenuEnabler.bundle/Contents/MacOS/MagicMenuEnabler for bundle /Library/InputManagers/MagicMenuEnabler/MagicMenuEnabler.bundle, error code 2 (link edit error code 0, error number 0 ())
    2006-08-02 16:14:49.264 Console[1117] *** -[NSBundle load]: Error loading code /Library/InputManagers/Menu Extra Enabler/Menu Extra Enabler.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Menu Extra Enabler for bundle /Library/InputManagers/Menu Extra Enabler/Menu Extra Enabler.bundle, error code 2 (link edit error code 0, error number 0 ())
    Aug 2 16:14:59 BabaKarmysue crashdump[1119]: translate crashed
    Aug 2 16:14:59 BabaKarmysue crashdump[1119]: crash report written to: /Users/williamoreilly/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/translate.crash.log

2. Frisco macrumors 68020

Can we please have the specs on your machine and OS?

3. stoneage thread starter macrumors regular

stoneage

I'm sorry. What specific information would be needed. I have an Intel iMac (10.4.7) with the latest security update.

Machine Name: iMac
    Machine Model: iMac4,1
    CPU Type: Intel Core Duo
    Number Of Cores: 2
    CPU Speed: 2 GHz
    L2 Cache (shared): 2 MB
    Memory: 1 GB
    Bus Speed: 667 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: IM41.0055.B03

4. Frisco macrumors 68020

5. stoneage thread starter macrumors regular

stoneage

Just trash them?

6. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Pull them to your desktop for the moment.

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If you create a new user account, do the problems carry over? :)

8. stoneage thread starter macrumors regular

stoneage

I dumped the Input Managers and logged in as 'test' and was able to open the apps that were disabled. Do I now have to set up a new account and reenter all my Mail info, etc?

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

So even though you dumped Input Manager, the original account still doesn't work? Ideally we'd like to get your original account up and running but at worst, we can put your settings manually back into this new account.

10. stoneage thread starter macrumors regular

stoneage

This is the only thing left in the Input Managers folder. It is in the HD/Library/Input Managers folde. Should I dump the whole folder? BTW, thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

11. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'd follow trainguy77's advice and drag them to the Desktop, restart, and see how things go. :)

12. stoneage thread starter macrumors regular

stoneage

No go. BTW, the problem doesn't show up on my iBook G4, just my Intel iMac. I installed the latest SU on both of them and they both are running .10.4.7

13. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If the problem's rife throughout your original account (and it sounds like it is), then it may just be easier to reconfigure the new account with your personal settings. Sorry, but I think it'd be quicker in the long run. :)

14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I saw a similar problem on one of the Macbook's in Regent Street. I just restarted it and the problem went away. (suspiciously they seem to have 1GB RAM in them, clearly Apple thinks 512MB isn't enough ;) )