Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Oct 13, 2008
Hi,

How do you mean Bookmarks? :) You can edit or add new categories and each category can hold unlimited applications. It is almost like a bookmark but it is for your applications.
What I mean is can I open web pages with this. I was unable to get the video to play.

atfnt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2016
Budapest
What I mean is can I open web pages with this. I was unable to get the video to play.
Currently you cannot add bookmarks, sorry. But there is a supported way: In Safari, Save your favourite page as "Page Source" then you can assign the saved file to your favourite browser in AppStarter preferences. See attached image.
Screen Shot 2016-04-11 at 07.42.09.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Michaelgtrusa

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Oct 13, 2008
Currently you cannot add bookmarks, sorry. But there is a supported way: In Safari, Save your favourite page as "Page Source" then you can assign the saved file to your favourite browser in AppStarter preferences. See attached image. View attachment 626170
Ah ok good news, thanks for the reply's. I would like to try first, will you have a demo/trial?

atfnt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2016
Budapest
From 15th of April there will be an app sale. You can buy AppStarter only for 0,99 EUR for three days! If you are interested in please check out the demo video and download the app from the App Store.

atfnt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2016
Budapest
The new version of AppStarter is available!

Release Notes:

In this release you will find some really great features, many of them comes from your feedbacks and suggestions:

• AppStarter now supports folders, files/documents and web pages
• Supports drag & drop feature when you add new apps or documents
• The currently selected category is more obvious in main window
• All the editable text fields now supports Edit operations like copy or paste
• In Preferences you can add more than one Apps or documents to categories
• Added some new category images

Bug fixes:

• Enhanced feedbacks when you select or start an application in main window
• Fixed an issue that caused wrong selection if you edited a category in Preferences
• Fixed an issue where Preferences window could freeze when you assigned files to an application
• Fixed an issue where Preferences window could freeze if a linked app was not available in the selected category
• Fixed some localization mistakes

Available on the Mac App Store

Last edited:

atfnt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2016
Budapest
From today until the end of this month you have the opportunity to purchase it cheaper than the original price.

Available on the Mac App Store

AppStoreBadge.jpg

atfnt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2016
Budapest
Notes for version 2.2

• You can use your own images for categories
• Move your apps with drag & drop in preferences window
• Change indicator light color, and behavior
• Minor bug fixes

atfnt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2016
Budapest
The newer version of AppStarter has released which contains some really great features and functions like:

• You can reorder your items in main window with drag & drop
• With the new main window context menu you can get more information from the selected item
• Add your favorite applications to AppStarter directly in main window with drag & drop
• Open all your items in the selected category (use the context menu or enable the Command click function in the Preferences)
• Web address drag & drop
• Corrects a mistake which prevent you to open an app at first from AppStarter
• General bug fixes, and performance improvements

If you want to learn more please visit at the App Store

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.