Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
April 1 2006; Apple's 30th Anniversary and April Fools 2006

Today is April 1, 2006 and represents April Fools Day -- so readers should be wary of hoaxes and claims at both news and rumor sites today.

Today, however, also represents the 30th anniversary of Apple Computer. Steve Jobs commented on this particular anniversary during his Macworld San Francisco keynote speech, and suggested there would be some recognition of the day.

Many felt that Apple would use the event to launch another product or hold a media event. And while rumors suggested the possibilities of Video iPods or Intel iBooks but as the date approached, there has been no evidence that any such event would take place. In fact the most recent report stated that Apple would not be holding any such event for its 30th anniversary.

lifeboy001

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2005
It actually has been pretty quiet in the last week. Usually we have a leak in the last day or two as to what is coming out. Here's to hoping for intel ibooks...

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Happy Birthday Apple - I can't wait to see what the next 30 years have in store. :cool:

As for April Fool's Day pranks, I can't believe anyone would do something like that... :p ;) :D

ingenious

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Yeah, Happy Birthday Apple!

Let's go for more Intel Macs, an "iPhone-" type device, new iPods, and something that we'd never guess you had up your sleeve! Here's to hoping for another great 30+ years!

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
It's Apple's birthday, so we should all get cake!

Even if they don't announce new products, I'd expect Apple to update their website to commemorate the anniversary. I'll reload it every few seconds all day just in case.

MarcelV

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2004
Happy 30 Apple! Is there any chance this week's Time Magazine may have a story and product? Wouldn't be the first time....

Dr. Dastardly

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2004
I live in a giant bucket!
Well I really didn't think they were going to release anything on April 1st seeing as it is a Saturday. They might release something like the new MacBooks but probably on next tuesday.

I am kinda suprised they didn't have some sort of contest or something.

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2004
Boston, Massachusetts
Remember Guys, Just because today is the Official Birthday of Apple, doesn't mean that they still can't hold a "BirthDay" Event sometime throughout the course of this Month.... Don't give up hope!

Anywoo, Happy Birthday Apple! At least today update your website to reflect this milestone!

zelda3@gmail.co

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2006
Happy Birthday, Apple! Mine's tomorrow... so we both get cake! :)

I'm prolly gonna be up until 3am EST, because that's midnight in CA, and I'm just gonna keep refreshing apple.com hoping for a sale. I need my Nano for my birthday. :)

boncellis

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2006
Salt Lake City
Here's to 30 More

Congratulations to all those who have built Apple into what it is today. I don't know of any other computer company that has created so sharp a division between its fans and critics.

Here's looking forward to the next thirty years of thinking different!

chasemac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2005
In a house.
bday_dude-WEB.jpg Happy 30th Birthday Apple!

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
Happy Birthday Apple!

Introducing... the Apple 30th Anniversary iPod!

Attachments

• heroshot_ipod_white.jpg
    heroshot_ipod_white.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 22,903
  • heroshot_ipod_black.jpg
    heroshot_ipod_black.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 22,837
  • ipodback_60gb.jpg
    ipodback_60gb.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 528
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.