AP's

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Capt Underpants, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Well for those high school students who took AP classes last year, AP test results are available today. You have to pay 8 bucks to get them, though :(, but I thought it was worth it so I got mine.

I only took one AP last year (Chem) and managed to get a 4 on the test. It's what I was hoping for, so I'm pretty happy.

So how did you guys do? I'm interested to see what all the smart people here on MR got.

Good luck

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

When's the date that I can get them for free?

I'm not paying $8 to see that I got a 1 on my Gov't. :p
    (it'll be higher than a 1, I'm sure...)

3. Capt Underpants thread starter macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

They snail mail most of the grades in mid-july, and you're supposed to contact them if you haven't received your grade by September 1.

I don't know how you're waiting... this day has been on my mind since I took the test in May :eek:

4. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

I seem to remember hearing we could see grades online for free this year as well, but maybe I'm wrong...

Apparently they mail out all grades today, 07/01, and they say you should get them at least by mid-July. Last year, mine came in the first week of July... but I'm going to be on vacation this year and today was the last day mail was delivered. So once they deliver our held mail on the 17th I'll finally find out :(

edit: Info on reporting and the phone numbers to call are here

5. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

I took 5 last year (chemistry, calculus, english literature, spanish, and us government). It was brutal to say the least. I took 2 in my junior year (biology and european history) and 1 in my sophomore year (us history). I think only 3 or 4 people took more than I did. I only took one test though- government. Now that I'm a graduate, I'm not nervous about the waiting. I can wait till mid july :)

6. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Oh.. I have the mindset of "can't change it now"
    If I found out I got a four 2weeks early, it'll still be a four when it's FREE to get my scores.

*shrug*

7. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

Why put yourself through that if you aren't going to take the tests?

8. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

they wouldn't help me at my college :) I ddin't know when I signed up where I would be going though :)

9. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

Don't get all cought up on AP grades alrite kids. Take it from someone who took them last year and the year before and was able to go to college anyway. Just have fun with your summer or *cough* AP summer assignments.

10. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

UGH! Don't remind me. I haven't even started any of my summer reading...
    Still got some novels to read for English and a big chunk of the US History textbook... I've still got 5 or 6 weeks though :rolleyes:
    At least I've got no summer work for Physics, the first AP class I've actually wanted to take :eek:

11. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

Okay fair enough glad that you made it through. Good luck at Case Western.

12. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

I took one AP class last year. It was an AP calc class and it was actually pretty good. I took the AP exam for calc and it was pretty good. I wish i had taken more AP exams actually. I ended up with a 4 out of 5 on the calc exam which got me credit for 2 courses at OSU.

I only had the option to take a few AP classes. One was Calc and the other was an english. There was no way i was going to take the english one. I do with i had signed up to take more AP exams even though the class were not offered at my school.

13. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

I faired okay this year...not as good as years past, but I was graduating, so...:eek:

2006: AP Calc AB - 5, AP Calc BC - 5, AP Euro - 4 :( , AP Stat - 5
    2005: AP Chem - 5, AP English Lang - 5, AP Gov - 5, AP Econ - 5
    2004: AP Human Geography - 5

14. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

I never got into the whole AP thing. My friends busted their ass doing those classes and preparing for the tests. I just instead coasted through high school and started taking college classes in the mix my senior year of high school. Although my friends did well on the tests and got out of the classes anyways, I liked knowing my credit was guaranteed whether I made a C, B or A.

jon

15. Sirus The Virus macrumors 6502a

Sirus The Virus

I've never taken an AP class, but I am taking AP Studio Art next year, and I'm looking forward to it. I can't wait.

16. muffinman macrumors 6502

muffinman

yeah your scores are sooo horrible. :p Good job. All 5's and 1 4? That's tremendously good.

I took one AP this past school year, AP European History. I'm worried. I hope the curve was high...

17. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Yeah I did the same. My school offered both AP and a dual-enrollment option with a community college here. The dual enrollment classes were WAY easier, and like you, the credit was guaranteed if I got a C.

I did one AP class, and got a 3 (AP US History), and decided that it was a huge waste of time. I spent the rest of high school doing the dual enrollment, and I got a lot of the gen. ed. classes for college done already.

18. rontheancient macrumors regular

AP classes are great, I took English Language last year and got a 3 on the test, now I can bypass the English Placement exam and skip a year of English in college. I also passed USH but it didnt count toward anything. Im pretty sure I got a 1 on my AP Physics, a 2 on English Literature, and a 5 on Government. Im too cheap to call, just going to wait. CollegeBoard is one greedy creature, they charge for everything and I dont think they even have a 1-800 number.

19. itcheroni macrumors 6502a

[cough]showoff[/cough]