Aqua for Windows! (it's funny because it's true)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Flowbee, Feb 25, 2003.

1. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

hehe, why bother with something like this

aquasoft.org got taken away the other day, they will be next :)

2. howard macrumors 68020

howard

when i had a pc i tried to make it look like os x but theres no way around it, windows just sucks and looks bad. even worse when it tries to look like os x

3. guitargeek macrumors regular

Can all the aqua themes for linux be considered infringement as well? I think it more of a compliment more than anything else, as long as they aren't charging for it.

4. Vlade macrumors 6502a

Vlade

omg... I hope the guy who made that gets shot (well actualy I just hope someone castrates him)

The 3 identicle close maximize hide buttons are the same (but on other side), and they even have the oval thingy...

5. Flowbee thread starter macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Ha! I just noticed that in the bottom left corner of their screen grab are the letters: OSXP.

I guess they like getting cease and desist letters. :confused:

6. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

Actually it was just server problems. The site is back now, and I am a member. *ducks flames*

www.aqua-man.net

I use object dock and iceman's brushed jaguar blue theme, if you have a problem with it, deal.

7. law guy macrumors 6502a

law guy

But the downloads appear to no longer be available?

8. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

I'm sorry, what did you say?
    No flaming... I'm sorry I can't say no.

Its simple enough. Get a mac for Everything that a mac has.
    Get a PC because of what a PC has.

Somehow geting software to make your PC Seem mac-like is suddenly good?

No.
    Unless you have a mac and like looking at it, i don't want people to get this.

Your free to go because you acually HAVE a mac. Just don't support them too much.

9. orangefoodie macrumors member

You know, it's entirely possible to make a PC look EXACTLY like OS X... what with the little apple-bar on top and the dock on the bottom. I'd like to think of that as something neat -- Gnome and WinXP both have theme-abilities, why doesn't OS X?

*ducks from the flames*

That being said, I'm switching from Peecees to a beautiful 17 inch PB when it finally reaches my campus store... :D

10. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

Sorry, I should have made my post less harsh.

I don't go all out and make my computer look exactly like OS X, i just added the dock functionality to get used to the dock. I was planning on getting the tibook a while back, but my purchase keep getting delayed w/ each iteration, but i'm set now on the 17" powerbook.

Anyway, I've grown used to the docks functionality...the fact that i can have a bunch of icons in the dock, and the magnifcation helps me click the right program (harder w/ small icons)

As for the theme...I just like the elegance of the round buttons as opposed to the square windows buttons. And the brushed theme is a rather nice theme.

As for the aqua apps that used to be on aquasoft.org, i tried them, but didn't like them. As for the first post mentioning the genie effect, that's just eye-candy to me.

As for the PC vs. Mac thing, I will always use PCs for my desktops...the speed and price are unbeatable. As for laptops, the powerbooks have the best form factor out there hands down. If that means I have to use Mac OS, then so be it. It won't be as bad as i originally thought.

-O.A.

11. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

The font in that picture does not go with Aqua at all. Also, the idea of a pinstripe taskbar is just aweful.

12. yzedf macrumors 65816

yzedf

hrm.... function of winxp with looks of os x you say...? NICE.

13. Das macrumors regular

I've seen it before, but is it like a complete hack (registry and all) or just a program like desktop x? Cool though. Now if only they could make it really like switching to OS X and make 95% of your programs suddenly incompatible that'd be tops.