Aquarium screensaver

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tech4all, Jan 31, 2005.

1. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Just got that one Aquarium screensaver, the one where the fish swim and you here bubbles. Really nice, except for one thing. When the column of bubbles is turned on, I just see a white space where the bubbles would be animating at. And I know it's not specific to this computer alone, my dad put it on his iBook as well and samething. Is this just a bug in the software or what?

2. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

Hey, I also have an aquarimum software too.. Did you get Marine Aquarium?
    If so, I had the same problem too, make sure you got the latest update from their website. It fixed my probs :)

3. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Same, Same!

Update will fix it! My kids love it, they like to track the starfish.

4. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I love that program too. I sometimes download the demo, go to prefs and press demo, then left it up. :p I'm thinking of finally giving them the money they deserve and get a full version so I don't have to go to the prefs to "demo" it every time.

5. tech4all thread starter macrumors 68040

tech4all

Yes it is Marine Aquarium.

Exactly how do you update it? I see a button link for there website and updates in the Options window. Is that it?

Thanks again.

6. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

7. tech4all thread starter macrumors 68040

tech4all

Cool, thanks. Quick question: When I download the upgrade, how will it know I previously had the older version? In other words, could someone not buy the app, and download this update for free? Because when you download/install the update, the older version and it's prefrence files are trashed. Does that make sense?

8. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

The program will ask for your keycode the first time you start up. Otherwise it'll enter into demo mode.

9. tech4all thread starter macrumors 68040

tech4all

Keycode? I checked the CD and packaging, but I don't see a keycode anywhere. When I first installed it, it said it registered from a CD.

10. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Have you registered the copy? If you did, then you should have the keycode. If you lost it, go to the site and request a forgotten keycode.

If you haven't, then seems you're screwed... Encore Software is no longer in business, and you can't register your copy anymore. I suggest you call them and see what they can do.

11. tech4all thread starter macrumors 68040

tech4all

Oh wait hold on, I just read in the Register pane, it say's: When upgrades are available go to www.SereneScene.com. Your CD will serve as your Keycode.

So I guess I have to have the CD in during the download/upgrade....? Or it'll probably ask for the CD when I go into the System Prefrences > Screen Savers, it the CD is not in yet.

Thanks again for your help :)