Aquify Windows

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mac15, Apr 17, 2002.

1. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Re: Aquify Windows

Come on, Mac15 i've really grown to respect your opinions, but this site needs to go! judging by another thread, many of us have already written piracy@apple.com about it, and i know i received an email a few hours later saying that they were looking into it and would take appropriate action...

what if a windows user thought that's all there was to the Mac OS, just an interface adjustment! no, i'm sorry but you simply can't have Aqua without Darwin...

and just look what they did to Mail!

:)
    pnw

3. PCUser macrumors regular

Actually, I was wondering why people are so upset about this. They didn't take any of Apple's source code, they made these apps themselves. Don't they get a little credit for that effort?

They aren't selling those apps... so why should Apple be upset? They're not making a profit off of Apple's interface (which, IMO, isn't that great looking), so what's the harm? Not only that, they give credit where credit is due for every item on the site. I would think Apple should be flattered... isn't imitation the most sincere form of flattery? :)

And so what if that's what a Windows user thought? There are millions of clueless Windows users who are mistaken about a great many things. (Not all Windows users are, though, just the sheeple).

4. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

whats wrong with the way XP looks? i'm using it right now and it has to be the best Windows yet. if people want to have aqua that much they should get a Mac. Apple has every right to protect the aqua interface. aquafying Windows is just piracy. if people have that much time on their hands and don't like XP they should make a brand new interface instead of copying someone else's.:mad:

5. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

Strange, wasn't this posted a couple of days ago?

As I said, I don't want to share my aqua experience with those who bought peecee, altough they were told that mac is the supreme computer.

Oh, and this is proof once more that all the rest is copying from the best:p

6. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

sorry so people just don't like the windows GUI
    so I wanna help
    next time I won't botther

7. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Ok, ok. Enough already!

Alright guys, mac15 is sorry. Let's all back off now. Windows bites, and the UI is trash. We all know that. He was just trying to perform a little community service and help out the eyesight of the other 95%. It won't happen again. Let's all just relax and try to avoid slinging so much heat at mac15 that it breeds apathy.

8. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

9. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

no no, i do apologize, i didnt mean anything by it... its just that i know a lot of MSheep that would take one look at this and go "Oh, so now who's got the better computer"... i just get so frustrated with ignorant PC users...

i certainly didn't intend it as a flame or anything! besides i say stupid **** all the time, no one pays any attention usually...

:)
    pnw

10. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

The best piece of crap is still a piece of crap. Just like "a fart by any other name, smells just the same".

Even though I have the game peecee at home, I will never put heXPee onto it. Correction, I will never BUY heXPee and install it. IF someone GAVE me a copy, I MIGHT try it out. Then again, there is also an even chance that I would use the cd as a coaster or as a frisbee (more functional as the last two).

To date, I have purchased only one copy of windblows, and that was an OEM version os win2k. That cost about 1/2 what it sells in stores for (still cost too much $$). Since I didn't have a copy before, it would have been rather difficult to install an 'upgrade' version.

11. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

There's already a thread on this, and it brings up some very good points.

They're violating Apple's copyright, and that's not cool.

12. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

Firstly it was intended at MAC users who have to put up with windows at work and to liven up VPC
    thanks for the appology
    its cool

13. Quark macrumors regular

Apple Shut them down

Well, it's gone.

All that is left is a message stating that they were closed by Apple.

Not sure what to think. Was it good or was it bad.

I would much rather Apple do Apple than someone else imitating Apple.

So I guess that it is good that they were shut down.

Quark

14. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

This "skin" was made by MacHeads like us. I think it's a shame that so many of our own tattle-taled. I see tons of apps that copy Aqua and will probably never get spoken to by Apple legal because no one is whining.

These guys aren't making any money. They're giving their work to the community (like any good coder). Shame on us. What are we? ...in kindergarten?

15. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

I don't think this site was bad at all. All I think it did was expose Windows users to the Mac experience and make them aware of the other side. If you actually try any of those hacks you'll see they are just poor imitations of OS X and everything still works just like Windows under it all.

I enjoyed a few of the hacks because they gave me a touch of home at work and people would frequently comment about how how it looked. You should see OS X, I tell them. You should've seen the attention I got when I brought my TiBook to work.

I think the ferociousness with which Apple attacks these types of sites is unwarranted. I especially hate the way they try to shut down themes for OS X. That just sucks.

Apple is a great company, but they are a little too closed with their ideas. I think they could open up some of them without negative consequences.

Whats the positive side? More exposure and happy consumers.

Matthew

16. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

yeah It could of helped the converting process
    people like the GUI
    and PC users could have went out and thought why do I bother with the crappy interface of windows when I could have the most futuristic and sexy
    GUI out

17. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

check the site again

it was a prank apple didn't close the site down
    thats harsh:mad:

18. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Ha!

Thats great! I'm pretty glad they didn't get shut down. I think I should write a letter to Apple requesting they don't do anything. But that'd probably just draw more attention to it.

Matthew

19. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Damn...

Why do Windoze users always have to copy everything that Apple does? It really pisses me off.

They should just open there eyes, and get a mac!

20. Choppaface macrumors 65816