Arab TV Shows Captured American Soldiers

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by taeclee99, Mar 23, 2003.

1. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

2. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Yeah. Um... "murdered?" They were KIA. Let's honor the dead for their bravery, not sensationalise their deaths for political posturing.

Druge is a joke.

What about these Iraqi soldiers with a white flag?

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/surrender.jpg

3. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Wow...

That is f*cking sick and I hope that every single Iraqi Military Personell is killed.

I believe that the U.S. is doing so much to prevent hurting *innocent Iraqis* that we are hurting are own troops.

KILL THE REPUBLICAN GUARD.

I cannot wait until we go into Baghdad and use our:

Helicopter Gunships to mow down soldiers and buildings
    DaisyCutter Bombs (10000 lb Concussion bombs, kills everything within a quarter mile)
    New machine guns
    And anything else that can be used to annihilate the republican guard.

If anyone disagrees with me in saying that killing 1000s of these Iraqi soldiers are wrong (unless they surrender), I dont know what to tell you. I think that we should kill anything in our march (just about). Iraqis are now DRESSING UP as farmers and then attacking U.S. soldiers.

What kind of crap is that??

I cant wait until the REAL stages of war when the real weapons are used (not the M-16s and tanks)

4. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

I dont consider mechanical support troops getting off course and being ambushed as a KIA. I consider it murder. And then showing it on TV?

What about the Iraqi with a white flag. He was probly in the midst of battle and was shot before anyone really saw the white flag.

5. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Re: Wow...

Are you serious? You want more of this?
    http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/manandgirl.jpg

We invaded a soveriegn nation with an overwhelming force of troops and equipment. Why are you surprised that the Iraqis are resorting to guerilla warfare?

The amount of hatred and bloodlust being thrown about is astonishing.

As far as "screwing all the peaceniks," I say if the peaceniks and humanitarians had been listened to, there would be no KIAs or civilians dead right now. All these people would still be alive.

6. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

All is fair in love and war, and war is hell. Ambushing is a tactic that the Iraqi military will need to use against our forces. We knew this.

On the march back from Lexington and Concord, the British columns were sniped all the way. In Dublin in 1916, the Irish had fair success in sniping British lines as they marched through the city. The common thread? The guerillas were vastly outnumbered. That's the case in this war.

So for the Iraqi with a white flag, he was probably shot before anyone saw it, but for the active, armed squad of American military, it's cold-blooded murder and we need to mow down civilians?

All of them are victims of war, heroes to their people and their countrymen. Let's not tarnish their lives with this junk.

7. Ifeelbloated macrumors regular

It's combat folks. Not arena football. Stop crying foul this and foul that. The more brutal you make it for the enemy the quicker hopefully it'll all end.

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Just another example that we are dealing with a government that only plays by its rules. I will be very surprised not to see them use chemical /bio weapons against us and their own people. Meanwhile russia has been supplying antitank missiles and global positioning jammers, Who knows what France has sold these thugs, and the people say go to the U.N. with countries like these. Saddam and his thugs have to be removed from the face of the Earth.

9. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

And I take it you would let that standard apply to our troops as well?

10. taeclee99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

Re: Re: Wow...

Psuedobrit,

Answer me one question. If the US did what you and other peaceniks want and didnot invade Iraq, how does leaving Sadam Hussein in power increase peace and stability in the region?

11. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Re: Re: Re: Wow...

You can strip his power away without war. You're right, though. This isn't about removing Saddam Hussein from power, it's about the region. We want to put the other nations in the region on alert: behave, or you're next.

here

12. Ifeelbloated macrumors regular

No PseudoBrit, I do not. Tell me, is there a NICE way to kill someone?

13. taeclee99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

Re: Re: Re: Re: Wow...

I wish it was that simple. I dont see how you can disarm Saddam without force. Everyone knows inspections are nothing but a joke, a game of cat and mouse that GW Bush got sick of playing. The only reason that Saddam was somewaht complying before the invasion was because of the massive US buildup in Kuwait. Once we pull out of the region, the inspectors would have been kicked out again.

Regarding your second point. I agree that this war has regional implications. The United States wants to establish a permanent foothold in the region to keep islamist regimes in check. Sort of like.."you betta behave or you are next." I don't think that this kind of of thinking is inherently bad. For the past twenty five years we had our hostages taken in Iran, barracks bombed in Beruit, embassies blown up in Ethipoia and Tanzania and so forth. Terrorists like Osama Bin Laden believe that America is weak..nothing but a paper tiger. George W Bush and the neocons is telling the world that it will no longer be bullied.
    I think every two bit dictator in the world should be afraid...very afraid.

14. Steradian macrumors 6502

What Type of Weapons do you mean?

15. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Wait a minute -- you think that we should make it as brutal on them as possible but they should not do the same to us? Why?

16. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wow...

The inspectors were never kicked out. That's a flat-out lie. Check the facts.

The fact that you think the US should control the region by subverting their religious leaders is telling.

17. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Rumsfeld says that this violates the Geneva convention, but yesterday we did the same thing on US TV by showing footage of their POWs.

see

18. taeclee99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wow...

Show me the facts that the inspectors were not kicked out in 1998. I am listening.

19. taeclee99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

Hardly the same thing. The image you linked shows Iraqi's with their hands on the heads. Rumsfield is protesting the horrific nature of the video released by Al Jazeera televsion which clearly show mistreatment of our GI's at the hands of the Iraqi's.

20. Ifeelbloated macrumors regular

The answer is simple pseudbrit. You want to win when you have to resort to war. As repugnant as it may seem to you, in combat as an infrantryman, you like to see overwhelming firepower put on the target. Getting shot at is not fun.
    I have the upmost faith in our fighting man's capacity to show mercy where appropriate. But Iraqi soldiers in civilian clothes feigning surrender then killing out troops?
    In my opinion, when the opposing side resorts to guerrilla warfare. All bets are off. Until you've been on the battlefield and been in that situation please don't take a high and mighty stance.

21. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

You're saying that we should slaughter them all but then they should play by the rules of civilised warfare. That's not going to happen.

Here is a general timeline:

-Iraq learns that we are using our inspectors (CIA agents) in the UNSCOM team to spy on them.

-Iraq starts interfering with UNSCOM inspections because of the spying

-US denies spying accusation, demands cooperation

-Iraq remains defiant

-Clinton orders UNSCOM out in order to bomb Iraq as punishment for not cooperating

-UNSCOM leaves Iraq. Clinton orders bombings

-Iraq denies UNSCOM reentry after bombings, citing spying fiasco

-CIA operations using US agents in UNSCOM become public knowledge

So, how's that kicking them out?

22. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

you make me sick

23. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Re: Re: Wow...

ditto

...and that diatribe from the same person who made the observation that it's not surprising that the US soldier who killed his fellow soldier was Muslim.

Like Bill Maher said:

This is not a war against Islam

YET!

24. taeclee99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

Your half right pseudobrit.

Yes...Clinton did pull the UN inspectors out before the US bombing. However it was Saddam Hussein himself who started to kick the inspectors out initially when he accused them of being spies for the US.

25. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Which they WERE!!

He had every right to dismiss the inspectors who were spying on his nation!! They were violating the UN mission.