archos jukebox problems w/ ibook g4

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by brsboarder, May 17, 2004.

1. brsboarder macrumors 6502a

Feb 16, 2004
    I just got a older 20gb archos jukebox studio from a friend, i downloaded the drivers for jaguar, im running the newest version, didnt see any other drivers, anyways, the drive shows up, but when i wanna copy stuff from it, it freezes, whats the deal
  2. thatwendigo macrumors 6502a

Nov 17, 2003
    Sum, Ergo Sum.
    <joke>Well, the obvious problem is that you're using Archos.</joke> ;)

That aside, I honestly don't know what to tell you. Have you tried speaking to Archos' technical support about the problem, or searching their website for guidelines or known issues? That's usually a good step to take when something like this happens.

I'd try to help more, but I neither have an Archos (I love my iPod! :D ) nor do I know what their drivers do or where they're installed.
  3. brsboarder thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 16, 2004
    obviously, I just want some music off of it, for myself, I am rockin a ipod
  4. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

Jun 19, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Are there any known firmware updates to the unit? If its an older one there might be.
  5. 7on macrumors 601

Nov 9, 2003
    Dress Rosa
  6. adamjay macrumors 6502a

Feb 3, 2004
    what version of Jaguar are you running ? .. .at least 10.2.4 i hope

i've been having zero problems with Mac compatibilty of my Archos Jukebox Multimedia 20GB, have been using it with a G4 powerbook, G4 iBook (both running 10.3.3), and a PC occasionally

oh yea and for $240 i highly recommend it versus the iPod... and best of all it matches my 12" Powerbook!