ARD3 - What do I do now?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Fix3r, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Fix3r macrumors newbie

Please read second post.

I have recently purchased AMD3 to connect to my windows computer. Unfortunatley I am not able to connect to it. I have configured my windows computer and have installed remote desktop and allowed users to connect to it.

(I am able to connect to the computer through the windows remote desktop for mac: )
    http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downlo...ate_103.xml&secid=80&ssid=10&flgnosysreq=True

Unfortunatley, I need sort of like a VNC type thing which AMD3 has. I need both computers to be running at the same time without the windows logging out like the windows remote desktop does.

Can anyone explain what I need to set up to connect to my windows computer through AMD3? As you all know AMD3 costs a lot and I would rather the money not be wasted. Thank you.

2. Fix3r thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh wow, I've gotta be very idiotic to do this. I didn't relize that it was for mac to mac. Is there wany other progams out there that I can use for mac to windows?

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'm not certain, but I think Timbuktu can do something like that. I'm pretty sure that there's a free demo :)

4. Fix3r thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't think it is VNC..i think it does the same as all remote destops.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Just re-reading your original post, what's actually wrong with VNC?