Are all macbook's the same

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pattman247, Feb 15, 2009.

1. macrumors regular

I just noticed that my macbook has a yellowish tint on the screen and my brother's doesn't. Is it defective or it's normal to have a yellow tint on some macbooks.

2. macrumors 68020

Well, Apple uses a few different panels for the Macbooks, so that might be a factor. Also, maybe your brother has calibrated his screen and you haven't?

3. macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

Do you mean a yellow tint to the screen, or a yellow tint to the white plastic of the body? This information may help generate better answers to your question.

4. macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

This, 1000 times over. Screen calibration makes a HUGE difference in the appearance of the panels on these computers. The funny thing is, when I boot into Win7, the colors are beautiful out of the gate, heh.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

we both have the same display panels and the same display calibration, david's profile. is it that over time the screen gets worse, since mine is like 5 months older, or I just never noticed it before?

6. macrumors 601

clyde2801

Plastic macbooks don't have the led backlighting of the unibodies, and the little phosphoresent tubes gradually wear out over time. I wouldn't think it would be noticeable in five months, however.

7. macrumors regular

HazRutter

I think he said 5 months older than his brothers, not a 5 month old laptop

8. macrumors 68030

... take it in and have it looked at if you're having trouble with it... hope you have apple care?...