are alu pb's auto-sensing ?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Gokhan, Mar 6, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502a

hi

just brought a alu powerbook apprently the seller purchased in sep 04 from the usa is this powerbook auto power sensing ? so could i use my ti powerbook's uk charger with it ??? or battery for that fact !!

2. macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    AL PB are autosensing power-wise. You can put an Apple UK plug onto the US powerbrick and it will work

As far as your Ti battery and powerbrick go, you'll need to check whether they are the same capacity and wattage. I seem to recall that there was a difference between them.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok

thanks man

this pb i brought comes with its on bat so i will try charge that with my ti pb's power brick

4. TEG
    macrumors 604

TEG

With out a doubt it will work. The Bricks are auto-sensing, so as long as You use an Apple AC/DC Brick, you'll be fine. You may have to buy a new Cord (or the international connection kit, which included duck-end connectors for major pin-outs).

TEG

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok

yeah i thought so

took me 40 mins to get apple to confirm this !!!!

damn tech support i think i should work there or they should direct people to these forums instead

thanks geezers :)

6. macrumors G3

The TiBook battery will not fit in the AlBook. If you want a second battery for the AlBook, you will have to buy it.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

damn

damn had planned to use my ti's vbattery in alu pb oh well will see if i can charge the alu powerbook through my powerbrick cause the powerinlet on the alu pb is messed up !!