Are Apple retail stores still carrying the older shuffle?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by DR_K13, Apr 4, 2009.

1. macrumors regular

Can any apple store employees tell me if the retail store is still carrying the older ipod shuffle? I was checking out my friend's current gen shuffle and I didnt like it. I am looking to get the older one for my mom, or do old people like the nano better ? :p

[​IMG]

2. macrumors 68030

gibbz

3. macrumors 6502a

pkoch1

Yes, they are still in retail stores.

4. thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys, I got her this pink shuffle. I walked her through iTunes and taught her how to rip CDs , she bought an album through the store as well. She was happy how easy everything was and wants to get a mac Mini now! ( pm me if you have one for sale! ) . I think we have another switcher on our hands.

[​IMG]

5. macrumors member

coronel mustard

Nice one DR K13:D You would be amazed at how many windows users make the switch to mac after first owning an ipod (me being one of them)

6. thread starter macrumors regular

Thats what got me as well. It wasn't so much the ipod itself but the ease of Itunes. :apple:

7. macrumors 603

If you've got a switcher, I would check out either the clearance/refurb minis (before the last update) or eBay. Minis are Apple's gateway drug. Took me a year before I had to have something better, so I got a MacBook Pro. If you're talking about someone who literally does nothing but Internet, e-mail, iTunes, etc., definitely save that money on the older mini.

... or you could talk about a MacBook. You can probably find a refurb MacBook white for $900.