Are Apple shares worth it?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by gangst, Aug 12, 2005.

1. gangst macrumors 6502a

Dec 27, 2004

Recently I've come into about £900 and am thinking of investing in Apple shares. I don't really follow the markets, but I know some of you guys have Apple shares. Do any of you have any speculation as to how Apples shares will do in the next year, because I am looking for a quick return (say 5 months), or shouyld I just keep my cash in my bank account?

Thanks, gangst
  2. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

Apr 21, 2003
    washington dc
    900pounds is not enough money to get you a quick return in anything other than betting at the racetrack.

you're better off investing long term
  3. gangst thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dec 27, 2004
    That might be the case, but profit can still be made, I would like to make a quick return, but I'd also like to invest (even if a small amount) in a company that I like and respect.
    I was more intrested in what was predicted to happen to Apple shares in the next year.
  4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

Jul 11, 2003
    Too bad you didn't buy in this morning. Shares are up $1.97 today as I write this. I've made a ton on Apple the past 3 years. I still own 350 shares at a cost basis of $11.22.

I still think Apple is a good long term investment. Solid fundamentals, strong earnings and margins, no debt and a huge buzz around them for the past 18 months. They are firing on all cylinders as a company despite their chip woes. Intel should end that problem.
  5. jhu macrumors 6502a

Apr 4, 2004
    how much of a return are do you want? if you want a large, quick return within the next year, you're speculating, not investing.