Are ATi supporting Apple?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by RobHague, Nov 11, 2005.

1. RobHague macrumors 6502

Jul 8, 2005
    Silly me thought that the stupid fanboi's had died out when i asked this question on a popular ATi site. Would appear not. Don't usually get easily annoyed but it was just typical of stuff u have to put up with if you post anything MAC on a forum, even today. :rolleyes: It's retarded.

Anyhow thats not the reason for this post, the question is.

Have ATi said they will be (or might be?) supporting the Power Mac's with PCI-e versions of their new X1xxx series? It would be nice to have a choice thats all and maybe ATi could get something out sooner than the 7800GT that people are waiting for...
  2. Mord macrumors G4

Aug 24, 2003
    nvidia may have mad an exclusivity deal with apple for a discount.
  3. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

May 7, 2004
    Sod off
    I'm pretty surue that the X1xxx series will be coming to the Mac relatively soon. Apple doesn't want to become too reliant on one company or the other for it's GPUs, which is good because we got both the X8xx serias and the GeForce 6800 series cards. the 7800 is here and the X1xxx a re on their way.
  4. jhero macrumors 6502

Jan 10, 2005
    Not near an Apple Store
    Ati has some realtion with apple one way or the other because ati is offering h.264/ipod video videos on their site (Ruby videos)
  5. CHROMEDOME macrumors regular

Apr 8, 2005
    Bay Area/LA
    The iMacs use the x600 with Pci express. Probally next rev will have ATi cards.