Are Bush voters hypocritical? Take the quiz and find out

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by wordmunger, Sep 15, 2004.

1. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I went to college with John Scalzi. Very smart writer. He's got an amusing (if you're a Kerry supporter) quiz to determine if a given Bush supporter is a hypocrite. I'd be interested to hear the conservative reaction to this.

2. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Simplistic and insulting, I stopped at the 2nd question, it is overly simplistic since it doesn't consider the first attack on the continetal US by a foriegn group since maybe 1812? (whatever).
    I am sure it is very entertaining, yet useless, typical of the left ;) .

It is much like someone from the right saying who would want a president who never had a job? Was an admitted war criminal! Is considered the biggest traitor since gen b. arnold to some (remember the pow's)!

This is the same banter, different view.

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

4. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

ya whatever :rolleyes:

5. wordmunger thread starter macrumors 603

wordmunger

Mainly Scalzi's point is that Bush has been incompetent and misleading in his job and therefore should be fired.

Saw Pat Buchanan on The Daily Show the other day, and he almost admitted the same thing (he covered himself by suggesting that the people who advised Bush to attack Iraq are the ones who should go. Yeah, right...).

6. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

actually toward the end of the interview he specifically said that bush is the one ultimately accountable and should be removed from office.
    the fact that GW made me almost like Buchanan makes me shiver.

as far as the test I think the questions are legitimate, in having a clear point to pull across.
    stu,
    the economy is in the slump it is because of many reasons, only one of them being 9/11. And not the major one, in my opinion: bush's economic policies (pun intended) and the iraqi adventure played a much bigger part in it.

i'm not happy that the choice is betweeen a fascist and a conservative either, but unfortunately nader is really not an option this year...
    ;)

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Damn, I feel like I'm arguing with a little kid. Come on Stu, you've got a better response than that don't you? Or is that the only thing you can think of to dispute what I say?

The point of the quiz is to ask yourself if you would be as solidly behind a democratic incumbent that had done the things Bush has done. You missed it due to partisan blinders, just as you are blind to the values of fiscal responsibility this president holds.

Wouldn't you like to see honor and integrity restored to the White House this November? ;)

8. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Boy you have a low opinion of others, are you so dull that you think no one can come up with that conclusion?
    My retort was the same, WOULD YOU BE AS SOLIDLY BEHIND A REPUBLICAN CONTESTANT WHO WAS THE WAY I DESCRIBED....COME ON MACT KEEP UP....

MY FIRST/ONLY IGNORE....GOOD BY!

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Kerry held a Senate job for 20 years. He is not an admitted war criminal. And he's only a BA to some -as you admit. Lie, Lie, Half-Truth.

Anyhoo... it's been fun. Don't crash that plane of yours into anything.

10. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Boys, boys, boys... keep it up, and somebody's going to get banned.

11. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Agreed - let's all play nice. Oh, and a little reminder of our guidelines and the site rules for those who may not have seen them.

12. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

you don't have to like the man, but don't feel bad about liking the message.

this is more evidence of that split in the GOP. there are a lot of conservatives who _are_ upset by the seemingly out of control spending in this administration. should bush get another term, i think this will be a major problem for the GOP.

13. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

you feel it's okay to come in here w/ unsubstantiated rumor and bad facts, then ignore the person who's assigned himself the task of pointing that out?

what a joke.

14. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Can you smell the acrid sweat? see the rolling and bloodshot eyes? I think perhaps our friend stu could use some time off.... maybe on a beach somewhere where there's no TV, lots of fresh food and gorgeous, agressively sexual women.

15. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

I really like that quiz, hope you don't mind if I repost it as I think your intro kind of takes away a lot of the impact.
    Let's see who bites with a simpler intro to it. Maybe it'll get some people to start thinking.

16. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Umm .... got directions? If you can post the coordinates I'm game! Preferably on a different island than Stu. ;)

17. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Ya might as well put me on the Ignore list too, Stu, because I think that's a terrific quiz. Much of what you say about Kerry is slanted or opinion, whereas the Bush stuff is "merely" his record.