Are cheap RAM sites good?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AlmightyG5, Oct 29, 2005.

1. AlmightyG5 macrumors 6502

Jul 7, 2005
    I need to get RAM for three Macs in my house.(iMac G5 PC3200 512mb,iMac G4 PC133 256mb, and iBookG4 PC2100 256mb). Everyone says get crucial, and i believe they are good, but a 512 stick of RAM for my iMac G5 at crucial is 60 bucks....and other sites sell the same for around $40. So has anyone bought from 1-800-4MEMORY,Omni,MemoryToGo,Boundless Technology? ecspecially 1-800-4MEMORY(Coast to Coast)? These stores sell there RAM cheaper than crucial and i was just curious if I should trust them. Coast to Coast gives lifetime warrenty and everything and they are cheap.....

Heres a list of stores that sell RAM. I'm looking at the cheaper ones first:RAM stores
    (select iMac G5 PC3200 in drop down to see prices)
  2. maya macrumors 68040

Oct 7, 2004
    somewhere between here and there.
    Depends, read the customer reviews as a start.

I usually get lucky as far as RAM goes, as I find the low price, great service, rebates, and fast shipping (1-3 days from US to Canada). :)
  3. Apple!Freak macrumors 6502a

Jan 11, 2005
    East Coast
  4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    Everyone has their favorites; the key is to go with a reputable vendor who guarantees compatibility with your Macs (don't rely on RAMSeeker or DealRAM for your compatibility information).

In the USA I like Data Memory Systems, I have dealt with them for over 5 years. Try calling them and time how long it takes to get a real, mac-knowledgeable person on the phone answering your specific questions.