Are G5s 2.5 gigahertz Available in stores?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Koree, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Koree macrumors 6502

Hey,

I was wondering i could just go to a university book store and pick up a 2.5 gigahertz G5. Can i? or are we ages away from that?

Koree

2. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

They are only available in certain stores. Nobody really knows exactly what stores, however.

3. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

it took awhile before the dual 2.0ghz model's were in stores, or even as display/demo models. I say within a month or 2, once Apple catches up on all the online orders and such, the stores will get a good stock of 2.5's

4. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

I haven't even seen any demo models in stores near me, not even at the Apple reseller here in town.

JeDiBoYTJ is right, it will just take a little time for Apple to catch up on pre-orders, then they'll be available retail.

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Like the 1.8 and 2.0 your might walk into the store and get lucky. As long as you only want a stock 2.5 then the local store is OK. I agree with others that you may have to wait until at least the end of August.

6. timsq macrumors regular

timsq

Not yet, though New Orleans is not high on the list for the king of G5's.

7. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

NusuniAdmin

one of our local retail stores wus VERY lucky and got floor models quickly after they started shipping. I tried one out on a 23" al display a couple weeks ago when they FIRST started shipping in tiny amounts. This is the first time they have had a computer come before most other stores since the b/w g3 release :D

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

My only chance so far to physically see a use a 2.5 G5 was at MacWorld Boston. It was there all 4 days. The technician also took the 2 side panels off so I got to look inside.