Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Doctorsti, Jun 28, 2006.
or do I order it now and update when I get it?
Seeing as it came out yesterday....probably you'd have to update it. If you shelf bought, you'd get it immediately, have to download it, but you have it right then. More than likely though, either way, you'd have to download it.
I just bought my MacBook yesterday, which came with 10.4.6, and I downloaded 10.4.7 as soon as I got it. I'm guessing they'll ship with 10.4.6 for a while, until the stock of 10.4.6-loaded Macs gets depleted.
Does it really matter all that much? It's less than an hour download, and you can do it while you're setting up the other aspects of your new system. I can't see waiting around for them to start shipping with 4.7.
yeah I see your point... but now I might have to wait to see if they are going to do with the macbook what they did with the pro and drop in the 2.13 GHz for the same price as the 2.0. Orrrrr maybe I will get tired of waiting and just order it anyway, we'll see. Thanks for the answers, I didn't know if Apple prepared for a release like this or if it was routine and really not that big of a deal. I don't know much about Macs except I want one and be rid of windows for a long time.
yea i just got my MBP today, came with 10.4.6... but within 30 seconds of being connected to the internet, software update did its thing and voila, 10.4.7 soon after
I personally am waiting until August or September when the Meroms come out. Now THAT is something I personally see worth it waiting for