Are MBP issues being fixed in current shipments?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jniedt, Aug 9, 2006.

1. jniedt macrumors newbie

I know Apple constantly refers people to Applecare for known problems, but are they fixing them as they find out, or are they still shipping MBP's with the same issues?

I don't really care about Merom, 64 bit'd be nice, and the speed boost, regardless of how small is still a speed boost is still a speed boost. My main interest is if the new MBPs will have the same line of issues as the current ones.

2. generik macrumors 601

generik

What problem in particular? The whine has been fixed with a new logic board revision.

As for the heat... well, the "cool slick" AlBook design is stupid, nothing can be done about that. Just gotta hope for a case redesign.

3. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I have a week 21 MBP 15" and I can't fault it at all. It runs cool to warm. It does get hot on the base under full load, but I'm not really going to run both cores at 100% while I sit it on my lap. As for a whine or a moo I have no idea what that even means, so I guess you can say I don't have those issues. Other than that I have no idea what other issues want to know about.

4. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I think the heat issue is exaggerated to some extent. I don't have a MBP/MB so I can't really comment too much, but I have a HP laptop that's like 2 inches thick and plastic, and it manages to run at 90 C (about 200 F).

But Apple replaced the faulty batteries and has replaced the whiny logic boards, so they're doing alright.