Are my Songs Deleting from iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MmmPancakes, Jun 29, 2005.

1. MmmPancakes macrumors 6502

MmmPancakes

I'm running iTunes on my WinXP machine. I'm storing my iTunes music in my documents->my music. I notice when I delete a song from the "library" list in iTunes, the file doesn't appear in the recycle bin. Is the file just being cleared from iTunes, but remaning on my hard drive? Or is it being deleted?

I like how on the mac version when you delete a song from the library, it goes to the trash...Can I set up Win iTunes to do the same?

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

well i would say just break ur windows box, and buy a mac!!!

i have no idea on how to help u on the windows compmter

3. MmmPancakes thread starter macrumors 6502

MmmPancakes

4. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

iTunes only offers to delete files that are in the iTunes Music folder. It will not offer to delete music files outside the iTunes Music folder and this may be the cause of your problem. If you use other programs to play music in addition to iTunes, you may want to delete the files manually from your hard disk, in which case you'll have to use the Windows search tool to locate the files. Otherwise, in iTunes, click Advanced , then Consolidate Library... in the menu. This will move all the tracks in your iTunes library into the iTunes Music folder. To make sure that all tracks are automatically added to this folder in future, click Edit then Preferences... in the menu. Click the Advanced tab. There is a checkbox labelled Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library. Check it.

credit to jdbartlett from ipodlounge for that nice little write up :)

&Z

5. MmmPancakes thread starter macrumors 6502

MmmPancakes