Are new iP5's better?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Marco123, Nov 17, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

After the launch I sold my ip5 due to scuffs and would like to pick up another.
    But I see that it still takes 2-3 weeks to buy one.
    Are apple having issues with demand?

2. macrumors 6502a

They just put that there. Supply has almost ,if not already, caught up with demand. There are some store that already have inventory.

I was at an apple store last night watching someone walk out with 3 iPhones.

Verizon has then in stock and ready to ship immediately.

As far as scuffs, I had bought 3 black iPhones and all of them had scuffs/nicks.

I settled for a white iPhone only to be faced with a flaking issue on the aluminum on the rear of the phone.

Finally got it exchanged last night, hence why I was at the Apple store light night.

Good luck finding a pristine one out of the box.

3. macrumors 68000

JetBlack7

I got mine last wednesday and it is flawless

4. macrumors regular

Can we say the queality is improving ? We can say the supply is catching up with the demand but the important question is are we still seeing the Iphones out of the box with scuffs or nicks or we see more flawless machines ? I believe they are improved their quality and the quantitiy.

5. macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I got my black iPhone 5 last Tuesday and it was pristine.

6. macrumors 6502

mattroman246

I would say quality out of the box is definitely improving. my white week 42 is flawless. but id still say if you get black the thing is going to scuff like crazy with just regular wear and tear. The same is probably true for the white but I'm so paranoid i've kept it in a case

7. macrumors 6502

I got mine at the start of Nov and I've dropped it onto hard tile twice from about 3 feet, not a single mark, scuff, or scratch.

8. macrumors 6502

I got mine a few days ago (Tuesday in fact) and it also is in pristine condition. It had a bit of glue on the back that connects the glass and aluminium but my nail removed it.

I put an incase clear plastic shell on it, but it's so hard I was scared it'd scratch the metal just putting it on...

I may take it off once the novelty's worn away; it feels so much nicer naked.

9. macrumors 6502

Not sure if the quality is "improving" or not. I got a white first week of Oct. and it was flawless in appearance and function (at least to my eyes). I have since put a couple scratches on it, but they are barely noticeable.

10. macrumors regular

DMaki650

I just got mine on the 16th and there was not one mark on it at all, it's in pristine condition. The lady rep at my local AT&T store said they had been outta stock for 42 days and they just got quote "a crap load" in stock. They were all 16gb black and white ones.

11. macrumors 6502

Why didn't you just go back and ask for a replacement? Seems like you would loose money selling then buying another.

As far as your quality question, they are trying to improve quality and are having foxconn try to do better. But with demand and also scrutiny about working conditions, there will be limits.