Are the iMac and Cinema Displays the same height?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Zwhaler, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Hey, I was thinking of perhaps hooking up a 20" Apple Cinema Display to my 20" iMac so I would have dual screens. But I was just wondering if the iMac and the Display itself (ACD) were the same height so that the screens and aligned. I checked Apples website and found the height in inches but i'm still not quite sure. I just don't want one screen to be at a different height than the other one.

So if any of you out there have done this, please let me know what you think or if you could post a picture that would be even better. Thanks.

2. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

I've seen pictures of this and they are not the same height. People usually have some sort of screen stand (or a phone book) under the Cinema Display if they want it to be level.

3. hanschien macrumors 6502

hanschien

Here is a mockup of what a 20" iMac will look like next to a 20" ACD

You can always get a monitor mount for the ACD.

Attached Files:

4. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

You might look at a third-party display that is at least loosely visually compatible that has height adjustability. The Dells do, although if you want the look to be consistent, they're not great. I'm not sure if any of the 3rd party white screens that are designed for use with Apples are height-adjustable or not.

6. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider