are the intel macs' bugs worked out yet?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hyperbolical, Sep 24, 2006.

1. hyperbolical macrumors newbie

i would love to get one but worried that too many apps won't work...adobe creative suite, printer drivers, etc...and what about the horror stories about sudden death shutdowns etc?

are these guys safe to buy for strong graphic use? are they reliable yet? are most of the graphic apps compatible?

looks like my old friend 17" titanium G4 powerbook is dying...so I am torn between a more portable refurbished or used 12" G4 and the new macbook pro...please advise

2. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

Printer Drivers?

lol - my Macbook Pro hasn't had a problem yet, and I purchased it way back in March...

3. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

These so called "problems" are very over estimated on this or any other board. I firmly believe the root cause of a lot of issues is between the chair and the keyboard. The actual amount of problems is miniscule, but the people that have had issues will tell you that "everyone" has that particular problem.

Ed

4. nickelbackmac macrumors regular

nickelbackmac

Intel Mac Mini. Core Solo, 512MB, 100GB HD, combo drive... Still going strong!

No bugs and I love it!

5. 7on macrumors 601

7on

whoa... 17" titanium? Apple never made one of those :p

Anyway, about the Macbooks - see my sig.

6. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

7. altogether macrumors newbie

randomly greyed out minimize button
    energy saver option to auto-dim screen not sticking (macbook only)

8. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

If you are getting your reliability data in this site, you may want to do a broader search. There is a credibility gap on what some people are posting here and in other places. The simple truth is, the transition to Intel has been incredibly successful. Factual issues are minor and usually out of the mainstream.

9. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

Intel iMac since early May...no issues to speak of other than a bad Patriot RAM stick - not Apple's fault.

10. JAT macrumors 603

There have never been any software issues like you suggest. Adobe's programs run through Rosetta. They aren't as fast as the native version will be once it comes out, but they run. And faster than on a G4, no doubt.

I've never had a problem with my Mini. Fixed some on a MB, perfect now.