Are the PowerMacs due for a price drop anytime soon?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by whoson1st0, Jun 3, 2003.

  1. whoson1st0 macrumors newbie

    Jun 3, 2003
    Philadelphia, PA
    My little brother is heading off to college at the end of the month and my parents are buying him a G4 tower. However I was concerned that the prices may be dropping soon, in which case he may be able to squeeze a few more months out of his current G3 266 mhz.

    Any ideas?

  2. merge macrumors member

    Dec 17, 2002
    Tell them to wait a month...

    No one knows exactly what will happen.. but it is always wise not to buy right before a Macworld... or the WWDC...

    Not only may the prices be dropping soon, but the 970 should come out at a decent price...
    I forget the date though...
    June 23rd maybe?
  3. mattmack macrumors 6502a


    Dec 12, 2002
    San Francisco Area
    Yeah I would wait until at least the 23rd of this month. Apple tends to save its major announcements for the key events of the year. WWDC and macworld and sometimes the investor meeting.
  4. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

    Aug 6, 2002
    The rumors are leaning towards WWDC for the new 970, and so is everyone else.
    So wait until then.

Share This Page