Are the price drops temporary?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by funkywhat2, Jun 4, 2003.

1. funkywhat2 macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

I was searching around the Apple page, hoping for some silp-ups in the search system, and found that they have not yet updated the PowerBook search listings to reflect the new prices. It begs one to question just how long these low prices will be with us.

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Buddy, I was wondering the same thing myself. I'm afraid that when new processors are released, the prices will be hiked back up to where they were. Now, I realize that I was willing to buy a new Mac before the price drop, but now the previous price looks too high. ;)

3. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

I really hope they don't go back up, because the Al 15" is the machine I want, but I'd still be willing to buy it at the price they were at last week... so what does that say?

I have no idea! :p

Alia

4. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

By my memory... when Apple has tried to sell out inventory... they've offered rebates.

Psychologically, it's easier to offer rebates and then stop offering rebates then it is to actually drop the price and then raise them.

I think the price drops are hear to stay until they do something significant to warrent price changes.

arn

5. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

this might have something to do with competing with all the $999 notebooks coming out in the wintel side. :p

6. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

good point arn, i didn't think of that.

so looks like the prices are here to stay?! sweet!! that can only be good news for everyone! :D

7. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

Thanks for the point of reference arn. I don't follow that kind of stuff.

:D

Alia