Are the servers being updated?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by kretzy, Feb 20, 2006.

1. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I was just wondering, because I keep getting the "our servers are busy due to overwhelming interest" message. Also when I click to enter a thread, I often get "server unavailable".

2. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Must've just been a peak of high traffic or some periodic maintenance on the back-end.

3. amacgenius macrumors 68000

amacgenius

I was gonna say, I haven't gotten anything like that since WWDC 2005 (I had the special option for MWSF this year ;)).

4. skoker macrumors 68000

skoker

I was stuck during MWSF 06. No access at all, server trashed.

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Just noticed the same thing, and it happened around the same time. Is there scheduled maintenance going on in the middle of the (US) night this week?

6. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

Just got the "Server busy due to overwhelming interest" message - 8am UK time, I guess middle of the night US time. When I finally got back in, there was a total of 700ish people online. :eek:

Over the weekend, I actually got the full "Servers are being updated, please check back soon" message, so I guess you are right, there is some testing maintenance going one.

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Yes, the vBulletin software was updated over the weekend, but the recent "overwhelming interest" messages are a bit odd, considering the relatively low number of users online at this time of day.

8. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I'm assuming the "overwhelming interest" message is the standard one when the DB server is busy - weekly backups/maintenance makes sense for Sunday around midnight.