Are their ISPs that slow iTunes down?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by benthewraith, Jul 21, 2006.

1. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Dreadfully low speeds on iTunes with a 6 Mbps Cable connection? WTF?

I have Comcast cable internet, with a 6 Mbps cable connection, and I'm getting transfer rates of 100 KB/s and it constantly goes down to 30 KB/s. I've done searches on it and found nothing, but everything else loads just fine, I can download stuff at normal speeds (actually, above normal).

Is Comcast intentionally slowing my internet connection? If so, why?

2. skoker macrumors 68000

skoker

I occasionally get throttled down with Verizon DSL, but sometimes it's only temp to relieve network strain. I get it alot when downloading TV shows.

3. Timepass macrumors 65816

it could be apple servers are putting a cap on you. That or one of the servers the itunes stuff is routing though is capping you. 30kbs/s is still pretty fast.

it no ISP it one of the servers bettween you and itunes servers.

4. benthewraith thread starter macrumors 68040

benthewraith

I think this is what's happening. :( Because the download starts out fast and then just becomes slow. On the other hand, BellSouth didn't have any of these issues...and I'm probably going to have to change my bank account (I stupidly signed up for a 6-month AOL trial, god forgive me). I did it to get onto the internet via dial up during Spring Break and had a paper to send.

Now though, after reading about the pains people have had with quitting AOL.

5. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Trust me, it's much easier to quit AOL than it would be to change your bank account.