are there any canon drivers for osx?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by noht*, Feb 11, 2003.

1. noht* macrumors member

what's up with canon? do i really have to pirate a copy of photoshop just to use their friggin' scanners?
    i know vuescan, but i don't particulary like it and at the moment can't afford it.
    SANE doesn't support the N1220U very well, so it's not too useful either.
    does someone know of any method to get my scanner working with osx without paying too much?

2. Bear macrumors G3

Re: are there any canon drivers for osx?

Have you checked Canon's website for new drivers and scab applications?

3. noht* thread starter macrumors member

Re: Re: are there any canon drivers for osx?

well, canon usa says the driver will be available december 15, 2002...but i was able to download something from canon europe, which turned out to be a plugin for photoshop 7...bummer.

4. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

I got the same scanner...kinda stuck with classic aren't I...

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

yeah, scanner support on the mac is so crappy. i had to scan some pictures for our school newspaper the other day. i went to use vue scan and it is a very nice program but was very slow through usb. i decided i would hook up my scanner to my windows machine. xp automatically reconized it and i used the scan wizard and it scanned so damn fast it was incredible. it seemed like the usb scanner scanner scanned as fast as a firewire scanner would scan on a mac. anyways, i moved all my scanning to my pc for now until we get some good drivers out there.

iJon

6. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

yeah i have a usb1.1 scanner and i have photoshop (6 and 7) but it still only works under os 9. Argg.

7. blogo macrumors 6502

8. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I bought a Canon scanner and printer bundle (seprate items) and both worked in X but! I had trouble scaning, I couldnt scan in photoshop... I dunno how I did scan.... :eek: I will have to check the site agian, the printer worked fine htough :p