Are there any differences between the wired and wireless Mighty Mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by 66217, Mar 20, 2007.

1. 66217 Guest

Jan 30, 2006
    I know, one has wire and the other one does not.:D

But I saw that the sensor was different. Does the laser sensor makes the wireless mouse better?

Are there any other features that are "only wireless"?

Thanks in advance.
  2. kolax macrumors G3

Mar 20, 2007
    Wireless one is heavier since it takes 2xAA batteries.

In terms of functionality, they are exactly the same AFAIK. The laser on my wireless one sometimes annoys me, since you can lift the mouse up to about 10-20mm's off the table and it still works - so if you moved the mouse across your desk and ran out of space to move it so you lift and it and put the mouse back in the centre of your desk/table, the bloomin cursor follows you unless you lift the mouse high enough.

Guess it's not much of a problem since the mouse is sensitive to motion speed - faster you drag the mouse across the screen, the quicker the cursor goes in a shorter amount of desk/table usage than if you were to drag it slowly across the screen.

Do tell me if I make any sense at all :rolleyes:
  3. 66217 thread starter Guest

Jan 30, 2006
    Yes, it makes sense:p

So apart from the weight and laser (which seems to be quite more annoying than useful), there aren't any other differences?
  4. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

Aug 16, 2006
    Yeah, that bugs me bit. Not recomended for gamers (not that they would want one anyways because of the right click "problems"...).