Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slugo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
PA
that can be used on the new MBA that are a little better than the built-ins? Since there is no jack other than the headphone jack, I think I may be able to answer my own question! But, on the other hand... :confused:

JHUFrank

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
+1 on the Logitech USB Speakers. I use them at work, easy to plug into a multi port USB hub, 15 bucks or so. If I want high quality, I pop over to my headphones.

ecib

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2011
that can be used on the new MBA that are a little better than the built-ins? Since there is no jack other than the headphone jack, I think I may be able to answer my own question! But, on the other hand... :confused:

What is your setup and use-case scenario?

I'm personally looking at a completely wireless solution, -an Airplay speaker, so I can stream from my MBA and my iPhone wherever I am in the house.

This site has a good roundup:

http://airplayspeakers.com/

Most are too much $$$ for me, but the iHome model I may bite on. Personally, I need to get a real set of speakers since I love music. I can't stand USB speakers and crap like that.

convergent

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2008
I have a Bose setup that I was using with my MBP before I just got the MBA. They work great with the MBA.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.