Are there any games similar to SimCity or Roller Coaster Tycoon?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by SnackeyG, Apr 23, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I know these types of games would be annoying on the iPhone, but thought it would be awesome on the iPad's big screen. Anyway, do you know of any?

2. macrumors regular

They have sim city. For roller coaster tycoon I'm not sure but would love one too!

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

SimCity is apparently broken though and I would love a port of it. I'd play it all the time.

4. macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I had SC when it first launched. I never had any problems with it. I think I'll re download it and check it out on the new iPad.

It's not a direct port of the old version, but it works really well on the iPad.

5. macrumors 6502

There is a water bug where the city never gets enough water regardless of how many water stations you create. I don't think it was ever fixed.

6. macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I didn't play it much, guess I never noticed. :)

7. macrumors regular

I reckon EA got a game called theme park, but I normally avoid FREE game from big companies like gameloft or EA, they are all gold suckers, no exception. If I see they sell something at 1.99 or 2.99 it might be a bargain, just a rule of thumb.

8. macrumors newbie

I played Theme Park earlier today, it's by EA. I was also looking for something along the lines of Rollercoaster Tycoon but Theme Park was a big disappointment. It interferes too much and doesn't really let you play. Would not recommend.