Are there any mac programs to transfer files to RAZR?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Winstonp, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

Are there any mac programs to transfer files to RAZR?

Speaks for itself...anyone know?

2. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

I don't think there is a mac version of motorola's mobile tools program. That being said, the only way to transfer files to the RAZR is through your mac's bluetooth connection.

3. native00 macrumors regular

native00

I searched on several forums trying to figure out how to send custom made ringtones and wallpapers to my ROKR, but to no avail as there truly is no Mac version of Mobile Phone Tools. I tried the bluetooth connection and viola! It was soooooo easy its ridiculous. Bluetooth is your friend.

4. Winstonp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

5. MacFan782040 macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

You must not have Verizon. :mad:

6. thekaiser macrumors member

I use my PB with my Razr to transfer ring tones. Just turn on your bluetooth on your mac, then turn your bluetooth on your razr on and then select find me. You can make your BT on your PB discoverable. Then setup devices it will then go find the phone and ask you to enter the pass key in to authenticate. After that you have a browser you can use to drag and drop files. It is real slick.

7. widgetguy macrumors regular

if it blue tooth isnce should work depend on if ya have bluetooh on ya mac

8. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

You just go to bluetooth (in the menu bar), Send File...

9. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I get how to exchange the files between the two but how do you set a song as your ring tone? I have Cingular and tried once to do this but I couldn't get it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10. carpe diem macrumors 6502

11. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

The CDMA Moto RAZR v3 is coming in 2006. It's already available in South Korea. But yeah, Verizon is likely to disable it. Anyhow people have figured out how to hack into the v710 to enable full Bluetooth functionality. Take a look at these two articles:
    v710 with iSync
    v710 with Internet Connect

12. anotherjeff macrumors regular

anotherjeff

Don't forget the class action that was just settled over the v710 at Verizon

13. native00 macrumors regular

native00

Not to seem rude, but I could care less about haveing a version of Mobile Phone Tools as long as I can use Bluetooth, because its sooo much easier.

I played around with this for a minute. Your tones need to be short in length (30 seconds or less) and relatively small in file size (less than 300kb is nice) depending on how many you want to have. At first, I was using the data cable and dragging my custom tones into the drive that showed up on my desktop. For some reason the phone doesnt recognize them as usable tones that way, but it worked perfectly when I used Bluetooth.

14. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

Where did you put the file at and where did you find the file on your phone?

15. native00 macrumors regular

native00

Once you browse for devices and select the Moto E1, you should see a menu with 4 folders: MMC (Removable), audio, picture, and video. i went for the obvious choice and dragged them into the audio folder.

On the phone, go to My Media, then Sounds, and your tone should be in there. You should be able to select an Apply As Ringtone option. If not, then you most likely did something wrong with making the tone, i.e. the file is to big.

16. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I'll have to try that again. I did that the first time but it didn't work and I even tried making the file smaller. I got it to transfer to the RAZR but I couldn't find it anywhere on it. Thanks for the help.

17. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

Well I finally got it to work. I don't know what the problem was the first time but maybe it was the fact it was an AAC file. Thanks again for all the help.