Are there any rumors of a macbook update?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tivoboy, Jan 15, 2007.

1. tivoboy macrumors 68030

I was going to buy one in December, but then since MW was coming, I thought I would wait. But, no updates to nothin'

So, rather than keep waiting (which one could certainly do forever) I figure I can get a 2.0 MB CD2 for 1050$ brand new (amazon coupon and rebate from amazon), so why not.

Any news on a new update? I would wait a little while, but not like six months.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

before the imac, mac mini, mac pro, or mbp... i dont think so as the macbook is the most recently updated of the bunch

3. inf macrumors 6502

inf

MacBooks just got an update (like 90 days ago) so they won't be updated soon...just buy now. If you wait, you'll do that forever.

4. Skrilla™ macrumors regular

what coupon and rebate? Are those available to the general public or is that something you have?

5. tivoboy thread starter macrumors 68030

amex

this is one of the american express wishlist coupons, 25% off, up to 150$

so, 1275- 75 -150.

6. Skrilla™ macrumors regular

how do you get that? by using an amex card and purchasing a bunch of stuff? :confused:

7. tivoboy thread starter macrumors 68030

nope

no, this is from the wishlist program game, you simply have to click and win it, during christmas time. I won a couple of them. Haven't used this one yet, not sure if I am going to use it for this, or not.

8. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

If you wait, you may find that you get iLife 07 included...

9. Icewind macrumors regular

Icewind

I think iLife 07 is gonna be bundled in with the Leopard release (whenever that happens... like Late Spring or something).

I would go for it right now.

Go TIVOBOY.... GO! :D

10. Snide macrumors 6502a

Snide

The Endless Waiting Game™ Is Finally Over For Me

I was ready to buy an iBook in Nov '05. Then the rumors began about a soon-to-be
    released 13" widescreen - possibly at MWSF '06. So I waited. Of course, there
    was no release, but we were surprised by the release of the Intel Macbook Pro.
    It would only be a matter of time before an iBook replacement arrived...
    Then the Macbook came, but I waited for a Revision B (glad I did).

I got tired of waiting and got an old Pismo, and have been using that ever since.
    But it really is slow, even with a 7500 RPM HD. Now the screen is broken, and at the
    moment I'm on a 2" thick tank of a laptop, a Dell 2500. :eek: :eek: :eek: I want a Macbook NOW!
    I was waiting for MWSF '07, as I was sure there would be iLife '07. Sure, I could wait for
    iLife '07, I could wait for leopard, I could wait for Santa Rosa with Robson, ect, ect, ect.

No more !@#$%^& waiting! I ordered it yesterday ($1199, no tax, free
    shipping from B&H Photo). Here's the MWSF specials page if anyone's
    interested - hope it's OK to post here:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/mw07

Going from a 400 Mhz Pismo to a 2 Ghz Core 2 Duo Macbook is going to be fantastic!!

11. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

maybe there isn't an ilife07 this year. much like how there's office 2003 and the next one is office 2007. just a thought